Adult Swim and Crunchyroll set to debut first look at the highly anticipated new anime series, inspired by the ‘Blade Runner’ franchise, at the online Comic-Con@Home 2021 event on July 23.
Adult Swim and Crunchyroll have revealed the characters and all-star cast of the highly-anticipated anime series Blade Runner: Black Lotus, inspired by the acclaimed Blade Runner movie franchise. A first look at the new series will debut at the Comic-Con@Home 2021 panel hosted online on Friday, July 23.
The English and Japanese voice cast includes:
- Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida - Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose.
- Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji - Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles.
- Samira Wiley / Takako Honda - Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit.
- Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi - Niander Wallace Sr, founder, and CEO of the Wallace Corporation.
- Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu - Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father.
- Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki - Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner.
- Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara - Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief.
- Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka - Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD.
- Barkhad Abdi /Takayuki Kinba - Doc Badger, a black-market dealer.
- Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama - Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production.
- Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima - Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine.
- Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao - Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation.
At Comic-Con@Home 2021 fans will hear directly from the creative team and voice talent including Shinji Aramaki (co-director); Kenji Kamiyama (co-director); Joseph Chou (executive producer); Wes Gleason (voice director); Henwick (Elle); and Jason DeMarco (co-creator of Toonami/senior vice-president and creative director for Adult Swim/moderator) as they premiere an exclusive first look at the new series starting at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Friday, July 23.
Coming later this year, the Adult Swim and Crunchyroll Original Blade Runner: Black Lotus will feature 13 episodes directed by Aramaki and Kamiyama. The series is produced by Alcon Entertainment and animation studio Sola Digital Arts, with Shinichiro Watanabe serving as a creative producer.
Adult Swim will air the English language version on the network’s popular anime programming block Toonami, while Crunchyroll will stream the series in Japanese with subtitles to its global community of more than 100 million registered users and 4 million subscribers. Both will offer the series to viewers worldwide outside of Asia.