Margot Robbie is back in the title role of Warner Bros.’ latest DC comic book-inspired action-adventure, now available on digital platforms.
BURBANK – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents a LuckyChap Entertainment Production, a Clubhouse Pictures Production, a Kroll & Co. Entertainment Production, Birds of Prey and the Fabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn, arriving on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on May 12 – now available on digital. The movie was produced by Robbie, Bryan Unkeless and Sue Kroll. Walter Hamada, Galen Vaisman, Geoff Johns, Hans Ritter and David Ayer served as executive producers. Directed by Cathy Yan (Dead Pigs) from a script by Christina Hodson (Bumblebee), the film is based on characters from DC.
Margot Robbie (Bombshell, Once Upon a Time in…Hollywood, I, Tonya) reprises her role as Harley Quinn. The main cast also includes Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane, TV’s Fargo) as Huntress, Jurnee Smollett-Bell (TV’s True Blood) as Black Canary, Rosie Perez (Fearless, Pitch Perfect 2) as Renee Montoya, Chris Messina (Argo, TV’s Sharp Objects) as Victor Zsasz, and Ewan McGregor (Doctor Sleep, the Trainspotting films) as DC Super-Villain Roman Sionis/Black Mask. Newcomer Ella Jay Basco also stars as Cassandra “Cass” Cain in her feature film debut.
The behind the scenes creative team included director of photography Matthew Libatique (A Star Is Born, Venom), production designer K.K. Barrett (Her), editors Jay Cassidy (American Hustle, Silver Linings Playbook) and Evan Schiff (John Wick Chapters 2 & 3) and costume designer Erin Benach (A Star Is Born). The music is by Daniel Pemberton (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse).
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of Birds of Prey and the Fabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn features:
- Dolby VisionTM HDR, which expands the color palette and contrast range, and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame. It will also feature HDR10+TM, a new HDR technology that optimizes brightness levels and contrast for each scene, making bright areas brighter and dark areas darker to deliver a lifelike viewing experience.
- Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.
When Gotham’s most nefariously narcissistic villain, Roman Sionis (Ewan McGregor), and his zealous right-hand, Zsasz (Chris Messina), put a target on a young girl named Cass (Ella Jay Basco), the city is turned upside down looking for her. Harley (Margot Robbie), Huntress (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), Black Canary (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) and Renee Montoya (Rosie Perez)’s paths collide, and the unlikely foursome have no choice but to team up to take Roman down.
4K UHD, BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
Birds of Prey and the Fabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD contain the following special features:
- Birds Eye View Mode
- Birds of Prey: Birds of a Feather
- Grime and Crime
- Wild Nerds
- Sanity is Sooo Last Season
- A Love/Skate Relationship
- Gag Reel
Birds of Prey and the Fabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn is also available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.
Source: Warner Bros. Home Entertainment