Series will illustrate how creative studios, teams, and freelancers can leverage the cloud to enable remote setups, scale production pipelines, and empower artists.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), together with creative studio partners, is hosting a two-day virtual event on how to successfully leverage the cloud for VFX and animation workflows. The series, being held August 26-27, is comprised of five webcasts featuring first-hand best practices and production-proven insights from Untold Studios, Hive VFX, Cinesite, and Tangent Studios, as well as a virtual roundtable discussion with Nvidia. The sessions serve as an extension of AWS activities at virtual SIGGRAPH 2020, all of which aim to help content creators tap into the power of the cloud.
Following the event, sessions will be available to registrants for on-demand viewing.
Day One: Wednesday, August 27
Keynote: Digital content creation on AWS
- Learn how to scale your studio by running virtual workstations, rendering, and storage workloads on AWS, and discover tools that help studios iterate faster, hire the best talent, work remotely, and deliver for clients.
Industry firsts: How to launch a new creative studio, entirely on the cloud
- Untold Studios details how it’s pushing the boundaries of technology by operating completely in the cloud (and experimenting with Unreal Engine) so that its teams can focus on creative endeavors without operational distractions.
Day Two: Thursday, August 28
Hive VFX: Automating virtual studio deployment on AWS to enable global collaboration
- Get a deep dive from Hive VFX on Infrastructure as Code with AWS CloudFormation, serverless and event-driven architecture with AWS Lambda and AWS API Gateway, and how to use these services to deploy a HPC environment featuring G4 instances, FSx Lustre File Systems, and EC2 Spot Fleets via AWS Thinkbox Deadline.
Cinesite tells all: How cloud rendering can revolutionize VFX & feature animation workflows
- Learn how Cinesite uses cloud rendering tools to reach new levels of visual complexity and detail in their work and meet increasingly tight schedules and get a sneak peek at upcoming projects, including family adventure-comedy EXTINCT and scenes from Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.
Virtual workstations: The new must-have studio essential
- Join AWS, NVIDIA, and Tangent Studios for a discussion moderated by Randi Altman of postPerspective, on virtual workstations, how they work, who is using this technology today, and how working remotely will continue to evolve and influence content production.
Sessions will begin each day at 8 am PDT for the Americas, EMEA and Africa, and 10 am IST for APAC, and run back-to-back. They will also be made available via the SIGGRAPH 2020 virtual platform.
Additional information and registration are available on the event website.
Source: Amazon Web Services