New release improves the drawing experience and expands creative possibilities with new tools and enhancements.
Autodesk today unleashed SketchBook 4.0 for iOS, the latest update for its digital painting and drawing app. Now available for purchase through the Apple App Store, it allows digital artists to leverage the full compute power of modern iOS devices, including GPU acceleration, with a revamped rendering engine. SketchBook 4.0 also features several new improvements that make a smoother, more convenient drawing experience and also enable larger canvas sizes, unlimited layers, a larger undo stack and more.
SketchBook 4.0 highlights include:
- Redesigned rendering engine
- UI updates:
- Clean canvas with two-hand mode
- Marking menu
- Quick-access toolbar
- Sliders for quick brush size and opacity adjustment on the brush menu
- Customizable color swatches stored on the layer editor
- Redesigned brush engine with brush texture and more than 60 new brushes
- Enhanced symmetry tools with 16-sector radial symmetry
- Algorithmic predictive stroke to create precise shapes, lines and curves
- New ruler and true ellipse guides
- Color adjustments for hue, saturation, and luminance with real-time preview
- Flip canvas, lock layer and an improved time lapse screen recording workflow
SketchBook is an intuitive painting and drawing application designed for people of all skill levels who love to draw. For artists who draw exclusively on their mobile device, the new features of SketchBook 4.0 can be unlocked for a one-time in-app purchase, from the App Store, for USD $4.99.