Taking place August 10, Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH 2021 Vision Series includes six sessions with industry leaders who are pushing the boundaries to create new possibilities for film and TV digital artistry; programs include ‘Reimagining VFX Production in the Cloud,’ and ‘Marvel Studios: Adapting to Our New (Virtual) Normal.’
This year at SIGGRAPH 2021, Autodesk will explore the future of VFX and animation and celebrate industry milestones with leading innovators from around the world. Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH 2021 Vision Series will feature six sessions with 14 industry leaders who are pushing the boundaries and creating new possibilities for film and TV digital artistry. This year’s Vision Series will be hosted virtually on Tuesday, August 10 from 10:00am to 12:30pm (PST) and will include programming on Autodesk’s recent partnership with Weta Digital, Marvel Studios’ transition to a virtual studio, and character rigging with Rodeo FX. There will also be discussions that explore the latest on 3ds Max, Maya, Bifrost, Arnold, and ShotGrid.
Autodesk’s SIGGRAPH 2021 Vision Series schedule includes the following sessions (all times below are Pacific Daylight Time):
Tuesday, August 10:
WetaM: Reimagining VFX Production in the Cloud
- A fireside chat moderated by Dan Sarto, co-founder, and publisher at AWN, and featuring Prem Akkaraju, CEO at Weta Digital, and Diana Colella, Entertainment and Media Solutions SVP at Autodesk
- Akkaraju and Colella will discuss the future of cloud production and offer a behind-the-scenes look at the partnership between Weta Digital and Autodesk, and how the two companies envision WetaM transforming artist workflows.
Recreating the Past Using VFX with 3ds Max
- Presented by Thomas Berg, 3D/VFX Generalist at Hai Five Animasjon and Kelly Ng Wan, Industry Marketing Specialist at Autodesk.
- Time travel is possible with 3ds Max. Experience the Viking Age, 18th, and 20th century within 30 minutes, as Berg breaks down VFX scenes from Olav, World War 2, and Great Northern War documentaries.
Rendering Whimsical Bifrost Strands with Arnold’s Toon Shader
- Presented by Lee Griggs, Arnold Rendering Specialist at Autodesk
- Class is in session: Learn how to render complex Bifrost patterns with Arnold's Toon Shader from Arnold Rendering Specialist, Lee Griggs.
Fireside Chat with Marvel Studios: Adapting to Our New (Virtual) Normal
- Presented by Rebecca Bever, senior core software developer at Marvel Studios, Natt Mintrasak, CG technical director at Marvel Studios, and Jessica Beisler, ShotGrid Subject Matter Expert at Autodesk.
- ShotGrid enthusiasts - Join the fireside chat on Marvel Studios' transition to a virtual studio and how ShotGrid has allowed their team to deliver, collaborate, and keep Marvel's boldest projects on track.
Rodeo FX: Harnessing the Power of Rigging in Maya
- Presented by Mathias Røyrvik, lead rigger at Rodeo FX, and Will Telford, Sr. Product Owner, USD and Rigging Technology at Autodesk
- Røyrvik, grabs a hold of Maya's latest rigging tools and puts them to the test on Peaky Rhino.
Expedition Bifrost: Exploring New Tools and the Next Frontier
- Presented by Jonah Friedman, Bifrost Product Manager at Autodesk, Guillaume Laforge, Software Dev. Manager at Autodesk, and Kosta Stamatelos, Product Designer at Autodesk
- Uncover a more interactive, expressive, and robust visual programming environment. Watch a session with the team behind Bifrost as they share what's new and offer an exclusive look at the future.
Registration is required to attend and view all Vision Series sessions. For Basic Attendee access, use the discount code AUTODESK21 to register for free.
More information is available here.