Submit your animated shorts, commercials, game cinematics, trailers, motion graphics, VFX sequences and reels now; if computers played a key role in production, CAF wants to see your work!
The submission deadline for the SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 Computer Animation Festival (SACAF 2020) is coming August 15, 2020! Don’t delay – get your CG projects entered today!
The festival is looking for new, innovative animated content in a host of categories. If your project used a computer for some part of the production, SACAF 2020 wants to see it! Creators from around the world are invited to submit their projects and help showcase the world’s best, most inspiring, entertaining, and cutting-edge computer animation.
There is no entry fee, and you can enter as many projects as you like. Join the festivities and help the festival honor the best in CG animation -- submit your latest projects in any of the following categories:
- Computer Animated Shorts: Includes character animation, narrative works, experimental works, opening sequences, game cinematics, selections and/or montages of animated television series, new-media format.
- Animated Feature Films: Selections and/or montages of computer animation created for animated feature films.
- Music Videos: Commissioned and/or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects, and live action to illustrate, enhance, and/or complement a musical creation.
- TV and Web Commercials: Advertisements created entirely or partially with computer animation and/or digital effects. This category also includes promotional spots, broadcast bumpers and graphics, and public service announcements.
- Visualizations and Simulations: Computer animations created to explain, analyze, or visualize information for applications including scientific research, architecture, engineering, systems simulations, education, and documentary projects.
- Visual Effects for Films and TV Programs: Selections and/or montages of visual effects created for live-action films and/or for television programs.
- Real-Time Animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that are rendered in the same amount of time that it takes to play them back. Real-time technology demos are also encouraged! Real-time technology demos should be submitted to Real-Time Live!
- Others: Computer Animations that do not fit in any of the above categories.
Visit the SACAF 2020 webpage for more information, including how to submit, submission rules and requirements, and an FAQ.
Or, you can submit your work directly by logging into the SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Please share the news with classmates, team members, and colleagues - SACAF 2020 wants to see their work too!
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2020
Dan Sarto is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Animation World Network.