Free program of award-winning animated films runs May 2-9; Best Film category tied with awards going to ‘Crisis’ by Leopold Maurer and ‘Zakar - Überdenken des öffentlichen Raums in Zeiten von AI,’ by OUT!.
ASIFA Austria has announced an online screening featuring the Best Austrian Animation 2021 - Award Winners. All winners were decided by Jury and Audience with awards presented at the Closing Ceremony of the Best Austrian Animation Festival in Vienna on the April 28.
A free online program featuring all the winners will be available internationally from May 2-9 here. The festival which was originally planned for November 2021 but was pushed to April due to COVID lockdowns. It took place from April 25-30 in Vienna.
Best Film (tie):
- Crisis by Leopold Maurer
- Zakar - Überdenken des öffentlichen Raums in Zeiten von AI (Reflecting public space in times of AI) by OUT! (Andra Băltiou, Davide Porta, Juaniko Moreno, Marco Camargo, Sandro Miccoli, Wei Wu)
Best Student Film (tie):
- Mmmh (Kinetical & P.tah; prod. by Osive) by Jakob Jakubowski
- Calcium Tears by Janka Dósa (winner of Best Student and Audience Award)
Best Commissioned Film:
- SLASH Filmfestival - Trailer 2021 by HYPHE (Franz Mühringer, Elias Fleischer)
Best Narrative Film:
- Es ist genau genug Zeit (It's exactly enough time) by Oskar Salomonowitz, Virgil Widrich
Best Experimental Film:
- Warten (Waiting) by Bernd Oppl
Best Experimental Film:
- Auf dem Grund des Wäschekorbs (On the bottom of the laundrybag) by Adele Razkövi
Best Digital Technique:
- HELLBRUNN - History refreshingly new by signSTUDIOS (Patrick Guendera, Simon Wendler, Stefan Pausch, Sibylle Kampl)
Best Music Video (tie):
- Come on Down by offfen (Katharina Lutzky, Pia Reschberger, Leonie Schlager)
- I’m Not There (Leyya) - Roberto Roboto
- Shattered Identity by Bernd Ammann, Ulrich Frey, Fabian Lang
Audience Award - Music Video:
- Thar Liggur Hundurinn Grafinn by Simon Skrepek
Audience Award - Commissioned Films (tied):
- Coming of Age by Caro Laa
- Vor der Melodie (Before Melody) by Wolfgang Lackner, Claudia Unterkofler
Audience Award-Independent 1:
- The River – Amplified Švorc Cave Choir Orchestra Edition by David Kellner
Audience Award-Independent 2:
- Amazon Woman by Anna Vasof
For additional information and the full list of winners visit the event website.
Additional information is also available on ASIFA.net.
Source: ASIFA Austria