Nineteen creative jury members from seven countries to judge the best global work in Motion Graphics, Animation and Production based on excellence in idea and craft.
NEW YORK -- The Art Directors Club, one of the first non-profit organizations to champion commercial creativity and the artists who create it, announced the complete Design and Motion juries for the prestigious ADC 95th Annual Awards, which are now open for entry here.
Chair of this year’s Design jury is Natasha Jen, Partner, Pentagram, New York. Deadline for Design entries (includes Design, Photography and Illustration) is January 15, 2016, the full Design jury is as follows:
- Natasha Jen (chair), Partner, Pentagram (USA)
- Agnieszka Gasparska, Designer, Owner, Kiss Me I’m Polish (USA)
- Piera Gelardi, Founder, Executive Creative Director, Refinery29 (USA)
- Andreas Kioroglou, Founder, Creative Director, Matadog Design (Greece)
- Nathalie Kirsheh, Design Director, Details magazine (USA)
- Sascha Lobe, Graphic Designer, Typographer, L2M3 Design (Germany)
- Soren Luckins, Director, Buro North (Australia)
- Victo Ngai, Illustrator (USA)
- Kjell Reenskaug, Experience Design Director, Partner, Bleed (Norway)
- Brad Smith, Director of Photography, Sports Illustrated magazine (USA)
- Astrid Stavro, Creative Director, Design by Atlas (Spain)
- Yuki Sugiyama, Art Director, Hakuhodu (Japan)
- Forest Young, Senior Creative Director, Interbrand (USA)
“It's an incredible privilege to chair such a competition that champions the value of design,” said Jen. “I look forward to reviewing the work, and to what will definitely be intense discussions around this year's inspirational entries, with a world-class jury.”
The ADC 95th Annual Awards Motion jury, which judges entries in Motion Graphics, Animation and Production, is chaired by Rama Allen, executive creative director, The Mill, New York. Deadline for Motion entries is January 15, 2016, the full Motion jury is as follows:
- Rama Allen (chair), Executive Creative Director, The Mill (USA)
- Erica Gorochow, Freelance Director, Designer, Animator, PopRally (USA)
- Dan Gregoras, Creative Director, Imaginary Forces (USA)
- Lauren Indovina, Director, Psyop (USA)
- Maren Morstad, Creative Director, Hyper Island (USA)
- Jodi Terwilliger, Creative Director, Hush (USA)
"The opportunity to chair for ADC is a gift,” said Allen. “It’s a gift that allows one to sift the grains. To squint into the light. To seek and celebrate the confluence of rare beauty, extraordinary skill and uncommon ideas.”
ADC 95th Annual Awards entry deadlines
The ADC 95th Annual Awards Call for Entries is open. All entries must have been printed, published, aired or broadcast live online for the first time between February 7, 2015 and February 8, 2016, in any country.
- The 10% Early Bird discount (professionals only) deadline for all entries is December 31, 2015 (no extension).
- Deadline for Design (including Illustration and Photography) is January 15, 2016.
- Deadline for Motion (including Motion Graphics, Animation and Production) is January 15, 2016.
- Deadline for Digital is January 22, 2016.
- Deadline for Student categories is January 29, 2016 (no extension).
- Deadline for Advertising (including Innovation) is February 8, 2016.
The ADC 95th Annual Awards celebrate the rare work in Advertising, Design, Illustration, Innovation, Photography, Digital, Motion, Animation and Production that exhibits excellence in both idea and craft. The juries continue the program’s tradition of broad international participation with top creatives from dozens of countries included.
This also marks the third-consecutive year that ADC Annual Awards juries feature an equal number of men and women, in accordance to ADC’s Let’s Make The Industry 50/50 Initiative.
Source: The Art Directors Club