In-progress animated features will be presented to distributors, investors and sales reps for the third consecutive year.
The Annecy International Animation Film Festival and Mifa will head to the Croisette for the third consecutive year to present five animated work-in-progress features at the Cannes Film Market, held in conjunction with the world-renowned festival.
Annecy provides the opportunity for these films to report on their progress and present exclusive first looks to the distributors, investors and sales representatives present at the market.
The films to be presented are:
- Heart of Darkness (Brazil, France, Portugal). In pre-production. On hand will be Rogério Nunes (director, producer, Karmatique Imagens LTDA) and Sébastien Onomo (producer, Les Films d’Ici).
- Flee (Denmark, France, Sweden). In pre-production. Attending are Jonas Poher Rasmussen (director) and Monica Hellström (producer, Final Cut for Real).
- Spycies (China, France). In production. Attending are Benoit Luce (producer, Lux Populi Production) and Quinshu Zuo (distributor, iQiyi Pictures).
- Koati (Mexico). In production. Attending are Rodrigo Perez-Castro (director) and Anabella Sosa-Dovarganes (producer, Upstairs).
- Pachamama (France). In production. Attending are Didier Brunner and Damien Brunner (producers, Folivari).
The presentation is scheduled for May 11 from 10 a.m. to noon in Palais K - Salle J.L. Bory. Attendance requires a film market badge, or registration by contacting Géraldine Baché (link sends e-mail), Head of Education & Projects, Mifa.