Organizers of this year’s Annecy International Animation Film Festival have unveiled the Virtual Reality selections for the 42nd edition.
This year, 75 VR projects, coming from 18 countries, were submitted for the 2018 Festival, with 11 shorts selected to be presented as part of VR@ANNECY. Attendees will be able to discover a maximum of two of these VR projects per day in the salle de creation at Bonlieu. HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear headsets will be made available to badgeholders. Google Spotlight Stories and Google VR are official partners of VR@ANNECY.
The full list of selections is shown below:
- Age of Sail, directed by John Kahrs for Google Spotlight Stories.
- Arden’s Wake: Tide’s Fall, directed by Eugene Chung.
- Back to the Moon, directed by Hélène Leroux and FX Goby and produced by Nexus Studios for Google Spotlight Stories.
- BattleScar, directed by Martin Allais and Nicolas Casavecchia.
- Crow: The Legend - Chapter 1, directed by Eric Darnell for Baobab Studios.
- Extravaganza, directed by Ethan Shaftel.
- Gymnasia, directed by Chris Lavis and Maciek Szczerbowski for the National Film Board of Canada.
- Isle of Dogs Behind the Scenes in Virtual Reality, FoxNext VR Studios, Felix & Paul Studios, Google Spotlight Stories and the Isle of Dogs production team.
- Museum of Symmetry, directed by Paloma Dawkins for the NFB.
- Piggy, directed by Jan Pinkava and Mark Oftedal for Google Spotlight Stories.
- Wolves in the Walls (Chapter 1), based on the work by Neil Gaiman and directed by Pete Billington.
Annecy 2018 runs June 11-16; accreditation for this year’s 42nd edition is available through May 31st on the festival website.
Source: Annecy International Animation Film Festival