Program of shorts and VR experiences will screen Feb. 14 and Feb. 20 in Brooklyn.
Animation Nights New York is a monthly curated animation screening event and annual festival held in New York City. ANNY shows animated short films and virtual reality animation experiences from all around the world.
February’s event runs 80 minutes and will be shown at 8 p.m. Feb. 14 at WeWork’s Dumbo Heights location, 81 Prospect St., Brooklyn, NY 11201; and at 8 p.m. Feb. 20 at The Gutter Spare Room, 200 N. 14th St., Brooklyn, NY 11211. (Please note The Gutter is a bar; attendees must be 21 years old.)
The free program runs 80 minutes and includes the following films and VR experiences:
- The Scarlet Whale. Jimmy Cho (Cho Jim San). Colombia, 15:00.
- The Bridge Over the River. Jadwiga Kowalska. Switzerland, 5:45.
- Tour. Jasmijn Cedee. Belgium, 2:23.
- The Fried Fish. Leila Khalilzadeh. Iran, Islamic Republic of, 10:50.
- Moonbabies - 24. Yuriy Miron. Ukraine, 4:30.
- Running Sushi. Stepan Etrych, Jan Petrak. Czech Republic, 1:19.
- Navajo Tales: The Stars. Dallin Penman. United States, 4:27.
- Steps. Erik van Schaaik. Netherlands, 1:22.
- Cut to Bliss: Force of Fashion. Mori Wu. China, 2:02.
- Lola Pamplemousse. Lynn Scatcherd. Canada, 2:23.
- Couplets for an Everlasting Eve. Begoña Vicario. Spain, 5:22.
- Noon. Tzu Hsin Yang. Taiwan, 3:50.
- Ant. Oscar Burgess. United Kingdom, 3:27.
- Knockstrike. Genís Rigol, Pau Anglada, Marc Torices. Spain, 5:25.
- Mom, Dad, I Have to Tell You Something. Paul Muresan. Romania, 5:22.
- Mark Lotterman - Happy. Alice Saey. Netherlands, 6:35.
- Artificial World. Bas Jansen. Netherlands, 4:00.
- Manifest 99. Adam Volker. United States, 20:00.
The program is free, but space is limited so RSVPs are recommended. RSVP through ANNY's website here.