The free online event features a panel of industry leaders including ‘Steven Universe’ creator Rebecca Sugar and ‘Kung Fu Panda 2’ director Jennifer Yuh Nelson; topics range from interviewing and hiring insights to social media presence and working remotely.
The Animation Guild will host a free online panel Q&A of industry leaders to help recent graduates get started in the field of animation. Insiders, including Steven Universe creator Rebecca Sugar and Kung Fu Panda 2 director Jennifer Yuh Nelson, will share interviewing and hiring insights, review best practices for portfolios and reels, and answer other questions graduates might have.
Additional topics include social media presence, the difference between union and non-union studios, mentorship, technology, working remotely, and how to navigate the limitations created by the pandemic. The event will be moderated by Animation Guild Executive Board member Emily Walus. Event sponsor Toon Boom will donate three software licenses for a raffle anyone attending the event can enter.
Panelists will include:
- Juston Gordon-Montgomery, Director, DC Super Hero Girls (Warner Bros.)
- Michael Kaschalk, Head of Effects, Raya and the Last Dragon (Walt Disney)
- Ashley Long, Supervising Director, Paradise PD
- Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Director, Love, Death & Robots, (Netflix) Kung Fu Panda 2 and 3 (DreamWorks)
- Patrick Rieger, Writer, DC Super Hero Girls (Warner Bros.), Unikitty! (Warner Bros.)
- Candice Stephenson, CG Lead, upcoming Adventures in Wonder Park (Paramount/Nickelodeon)
- Rebecca Sugar, Creator, Steven Universe (Cartoon Network)
WHEN: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm PST
Register for the online event here.
Because webinar space is limited, this event will also be available on Facebook Livestream.
Source: The Animation Guild