Second annual showcase event for animated features and shorts presented at the Cannes Film Festival to include a special 10-minute preview screening of ‘Bilal,’ the first CG-animated feature to come out of Dubai.
Following a successful inaugural edition in 2015, the second annual Animation Day in Cannes will be held this year on May 18.
Organized by Animaze – LeMiaff (The Montreal International Animation Film Festival & Industry Conference) and filmfestivals.com, ADIC aims to provide a comprehensive catalogue of animated features and shorts presented and represented at the Cannes Film Festival.
The event will include a special 10-minute preview screening of Bilal, the first CG-animated feature to come out of Dubai, as well as a Virtual Reality & Immersive Experiences Dome and speakers including Montreal Gazette cartoonist Aislin, Nelvana founder Clive Smith, CarpeDiem Alliance Québec Animation’s Marie-Claude Beauchamp, TÉLÉTOON’s Athena Georgaklis and MÉLANGE/OVAL Media/ARTE France exec Michel Reilhac.
Short films screening at ADIC 2016 include:
- Borrowed Time by Amanda Jones
- Lucky and the Pirates by Karen Goldfarb
- Fantasy on Sarabanda by Gudbjorg Hlin Gudmundsdottir
- 20 Coups de pied by Dimitar Dimitrov
- Two Years by Naaman Azhari
- Before Dying by Montagut Chuen
- Limites by Giulia Landi
- Mikumentary REMIX by Tara Knight
- Dawn by S.Mansour Bani Hashemi
- Sushi by Jacob Greenawalt
- The Curse of the Were-Rat by Jan Julian Rospond
- In a Good Way by Yi Ju Tsai
- Pokey Pokey by JAKE ZHANG 7:12 teaser
- That Fat Cat Ate Dad's Hat by Darran Kuah
- Die Slow by Robert Crispe
- I am not a Mouse by Evgenia Golubeva
- What they believe by Shoko Hara
- White by Luce Grosjean
- Tea Time by Luce Grosjean
Here’s a taste of last year’s event:
For fans of animation who can’t make it to Cannes, ADIC has compiled a YouTube playlist of trailers from all the animated projects at screening in and out of competition at the festival: