Here is the official program information for Animation Block Party's Seventh Annual Festival.
Press Release from Animation Block Party
Here is the official program information for Animation Block Party's Seventh Annual Festival. Tickets will be on sale at the doors to each event, but you can also buy them in advance at the links below to ensure a seat. In the event of rain, all outdoor events will take place indoors at the same location. Please check back for updates.
The award jury for the 2010 ABP festival is Amid Amidi of Cartoon Brew, Rachel Simon of World Leaders Entertainment, Dave Schlafman of CloudKid and Ramin Zahed of Animation Magazine.BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE FOR ABP JULY 30, 2010
Animation Block Party opens on Friday, July 30 at Rooftop Films, located at the Automotive High School on 50 Bedford Avenue, between North 12th and Lorimer, Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The evening will feature live music, followed by an outdoor simulcast screening on both lawns at Automotive High, full of diverse world premieres, international cartoons and fan friendly blips. Doors to Rooftop Films on July 30th will open at 8pm for live-music and the ABP screenings will start between 9pm. There will be a short ten-minute intermission after "Offline."ABP Rooftop, Opening Night Program:
* ABP 2010 Intro - Mike Hollingsworth, California * Switch Today PSA - Arjun Rihan, California * Pinball 12 Reanimated - Abbey Luck, NYC * Re-Cre-a-tion - Trisha Gum, California * Heartstrings - Rhiannon Evans, University of Wales Newport * Haunted Heart - Winona Regan, Cal Arts * Rusty's Long Journey Home – T. Sean Shannon and Mike Hollingsworth, California * Zombie Too - Jacob Ospa, NYC * The Falcon - Scot Hampton, San Francisco * Patience of the Memory - Vuk Jevremovic, Germany * Lifeline - Andres Salaff, Cal Arts * Hubo - Erick Oh, UCLA * Offline - Tom Gasek, Massachusetts * Boom-HA - Matt Luckhurst, Canada-NYC * Urs - Moritz Mayerhofer, Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg * Bygone Behemoth - Harry Chaskin, California * Perista - Kim Weiner, RISD * The Thomas Beale Cipher - Andrew S. Allen, Seattle * The Astronomer's Sun - Simon Cartwright and Jessica Cope, United Kingdom
Opening night animation screenings will be followed by an after party at Matchless, located at 557 Manhattan Avenue at Driggs, also in Williamsburg Brooklyn. The after party will feature free beer courtesy of Radeberger and Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE FOR ABP JULY 31, 2010
Animation Block Party continues on Saturday, July 31st at BAMcinématek located at the Peter Sharp Building, 30 Lafayette Avenue in Brooklyn, NY. Program One will feature experimental animation, fresh music videos and subversive design works, while Program Two will showcase exceptional student films, professional content and narrative shorts.ABP Bam Cinématek, Program One (2pm and 6:50pm)
* Huck on the Gowanus - Christina Kelly, NYC * Bric-A-Brac - Aaron Wendel, SAIC * The Lift - Rob Kohr, NYC * Lintscape - Caitlin Craggs – USC * Flyer - David Sananman, New Jersey * Conquest - Wojtek Skowron, Germany * Paper Daydream - Jun Iwakawa, United Kingdom * Spacious Thoughts - Fluorescent Hill, Montreal, Canada * DemiUrge Emesis - Voltaire, NYC * Noesis - Sophie Klevenow - Bristol School of Animation, UK * Seahorse - Molly Allis, NYC/Boston/CA * Golem - Joy and Noelle Vaccese, NYC * House Bunny - Gina Kamentsky, Massachusetts * Pink Spray Paint - Carly White, ENSAD, France * Today's Weather - Jessica AM Chen - Cal Arts * ReSemble - Aaron Thomas, Rochester Institute of Technology * Mural Morphosis - Brian Campbell, Philadelphia * I'll Kill Her - Jorg Barton, Germany * About – Dale and Sylvie, La Moustache, Montreal, Canada * Abstraxion - Vampyros Lesbos - Choom Lam, Canada-France-UK * Migrant Rights PSA - Eric Epstein, Brooklyn * You Cried Me - Tom DesLongchamp, Seattle * Notebook - Evelien Lohbeck, Netherlands
ABP Bam Cinématek, Program Two (4:30pm and 9:15pm)
* The Orange - Nick Fox-Gieg, Canada * N.A.S.A "A Volta" – Logan, Santa Monica * Don't Text and Drive - Adrian J. Garcia – MassArt * Everything Must Go - Rusty Eveland – UArts * To Have and Hold - Jessica Polaniecki, SVA * Kidnap - Sijia Luo – UCLA * Ledo Goes to Town - Emily Carmichael, NYC * Milk Nasty - TJ Fuller - Cal Arts * Hanged - Patrick Dorian, NYC * Superbattle - Ethan Marak, California * The Arctic Circle - Kevin Parry – Sheridan * My Wild Days - Greg Condon, NYC * Ninjas vs. Guilt - David Chai, California * Sneeze Me Away - Ryan Grobins, Korea * Always Only Ever - Barbara Benas – CCAD * In The Beginning - Katie Wendt – RISD * Phillip, the Safety Egg - Mike Owens, Minneapolis * Pinhead - Matt Lee, NYC
The Saturday night after party will start around 9:30-10pm at the Fourth Avenue Pub located at 76 4th Avenue in Brooklyn. The party will feature free Budweiser with proof of ABP-BAM ticket purchase.BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE FOR ABP AUGUST 1, 2010:
Animation Block Party closes on Sunday, August 1st at BAMcinématek, 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn. Program Three will feature award winning independent shorts, studio animation and other standout works, while Program Four will mix global films with New York premieres and local animations.ABP Bam Cinématek, Program Three (2pm and 6:50pm)
* There's Bliss in the Kiss - Melanie Beisswenger, Germany, Singapore * A Tall Tale - Brittany Biggs, USC * Let's Make Out - Stephen Neary, NYC * Breath - Kartika Mediani – CCAD * The Plant - Jennifer Oxley, NYC * Saira - Aditi Bhandari, California * Seasons of Love - Grettel Batoon – NYU * How to Make a Baby - Cassidy Curtis and Raquel Coelho, NYC * Seed - Ben Richardson and Daniel Bird, NYC and Prague * Amazing Animal Facts - Tony Dusko, Pennsylvania * Death Buy Lemonade - Kyu-bum Lee – Sheridan * Taste - Yvonne Grzenkowicz, NYC * Something Left, Something Taken - Tiny Inventions, NYC * A Moment in History - Steve Stark, Canada * Flip - Peter W. Allen – Australia * Conduit - Heather Kahn – RISD * Let's Harvest the Organs of Death Row Inmates - Max Joseph & Chris Weller * Old Fangs - Adrien Merigeau, Ireland * The Tea Bag - Bil Thompson, Brooklyn * Lunch - Irina Golina Sagatelian, Israel
ABP Bam Cinématek, Program Four (4:30pm and 9:15pm)
* Prayers for Peace - Dustin Grella, SVA * The Moonbird - Brothers McLeod, United Kingdom * The Passenger - Julie Zammarchi, Massachusetts * Zulal - Amanda Di Pancrazio, Concordia * Bookgirl - Jane Wu, Pratt * The Story of the Mean Dragon - Francis Gelinas, Canada * The Not So Great Eugene Green - Michael Hill, Australia * WASP - Mari Jaye Blanchard, NYC * Snowflakes and Carrots - Samantha Leriche-Gionet, Concordia * Innovation Driven - Harold Moss and Dan Forgione, Flickerlab, NYC * Madagascar, Carnet De Voyage - Bastien Dubois, France * Snack Track – Lori Samsel, NYC * Fuzzy Insides - Michaela Olsen, RISD * How to Lose Weight in 60 Seconds - Dave Carter, Australia
The closing evening after party is at Habana Outpost at 757 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, featuring streaming videos, free Six Point Ale and delicious Habana corn and is only for those with ABP-BAM Tickets.