‘Confidence and Getting your Voice Heard’ and ‘Impact and Building the Brand You’ are aimed at helping women in UK’s VFX and animation industry achieve their goals.
Animated Women UK, an organization supporting women in the UK’s VFX and animation industries, has announced that it is running two online workshops in November; the new workshops follow the success of its Achieve Online 2020 Workshops that ran this past summer. Aimed at helping women achieve their career goals, the events are open to women at all levels of experience and are supported by ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund with contributions from UK animation productions.
Workshop leaders, Jan Armstrong and Marianne O'Connor, adapted these sessions from Animated Women UK’s highly acclaimed Helen North Achieve Program for online delivery. These highly interactive programs for up to 20 participants use virtual break-out spaces where individuals will receive feedback in small, supportive groups, including a ‘surgery’ that allows for a discussion of difficult work challenges.
Interested participants can apply for any number of workshops relevant to them via Eventbrite. Each workshop runs from 6pm to 7:30pm and costs just £25, thanks to the support of ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund.
About the workshops:
Confidence and Getting your Voice Heard: Tuesday, November 3, 6:00-7:30pm – Register Here
- How to get heard in dailies, put yourself forward and speak up at work
- Understand personal status and how to flex yours
- Learn vocal and physical techniques that will enable you to present with confidence and effectively market yourself and your ideas
- Start building a mindset to overcome ‘imposter syndrome’
- Take away tips on dealing with common communication challenges.
Impact and Building the Brand You: Tuesday, November 10, 6:00-7:30pm – Register Here
- Learn what presence and gravitas mean in practice
- Improve your impact skills when presenting in both formal and informal situations
- How to define what you are known for, your ‘personal brand’ and the value you bring
- Reputation and reach - understanding your model and how to make it work for you
- How to overcome common challenges to develop a strong personal brand.
Source: Animated Women UK