Deadline for submissions of work in 3D Animation, Visual Effects, and Visualization spanning 11 categories for consideration at the animago AWARD 2017 is May 31st.
MUNICH -- Starting right now, creative professionals and young talents from all over the world are invited to visit www.animago.com to submit their work in the fields of 3D Animation & Stills, Visual Effects, and Visualization for consideration at the animago AWARD 2017. This year’s competition features eleven categories covering all disciplines relating to CGI (Computer Generated Imagery). Participation is free and projects can be sent in until 31 May 2017.
The 2017 awards ceremony will take place during the animago AWARD & CONFERENCE (07/08 September 2017). This two-day gathering is a combination of award show, conference program and trade exhibition focused on animation, visual effects, visualization, virtual- and augmented reality and design.
Once again Munich´s Gasteig Culture Centre is the location partner in this year.
The 11 categories of animago AWARD 2017 are as follows:
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Short Film
- Best Character
- Best Game Cinematic
- Best Motion Design
- Best Advertising Production
- Best Visualization
- Best Young Production (carries prize money contributed by DIGITAL PRODUCTION totaling €3,000)
- Best Still (public voting for the winner out of three nominees)
- Jury´s Prize
- Architecture Prize, presented by DETAIL (film visualization)
In the time period since the award was launched, an independent jury of experts drawn from the fields of film, development and post-production have evaluated more than 22,000 works sent in by digital artists originating in over 80 different nations.
The animago CONFERENCE offers a program of keynote addresses, lectures and workshops that serve to connect the creative community with an audience of international experts and film and media enthusiasts.
All events will be supported by the Bavarian State Ministry for Economics and Media, Energy and Technology and by the Cultural Department of the City of Munich.
animago is organized by the special-interest German-language magazine known as DIGITAL PRODUCTION, published by ATEC Business Information GmbH.
Sponsor partners for the animago AWARD & CONFERENCE 2017:
- Esri is the world’s leading software manufacturer of geo information systems (GIS). This technology uses in large part 3D, graphic data processing, visualization, animation and other multimedia resources
- Maxon Computer: Manufacturer of high-end 3D modelling, animation and rendering software. Their Cinema 4D and BodyPaint 3D programs have received multiple awards.
- NEC Display Solutions Europe: This globally active company currently holds the leading position in the “Display Market” and offers efficient and productive “Total Display Solutions.”
Source: animago AWARD & CONFERENCE 2017