Top industry leaders head to Italy’s premiere animation, VFX, games, and computer graphics conference that runs October 16-21, both onsite and online, with a stellar program of talks, presentations, workshops, and masterclasses available; worldwide Livestream is now free!
Italy’s premiere animation event is around the corner with its incredible line-up of top industry speakers, stellar programs, screenings, and… did we mention… food?! Well, the food isn’t actually part of the event, but it will surround the festivities in a warm embrace, because after all, it’s in ITALY! And you can get a mean Cappuccino in the foyer of the OGR conference site.
Next week, from October 16-21, Torino is the place to be – but don’t be fraught if you can’t make it. The event organizers have shared a late development - thanks to the last-minute support of a generous sponsor, the program will be available to Livestream for FREE – register here.
The full program for the conference’s VIEWFest film festival, which runs October 14-16, is now available here. It will include special screenings of ONI, My Father’s Dragon, and SIGGRAPH’s Computer Animation Festival, among other offerings of interest in English and Italian.
This year’s conference will see most speakers return to attend in person, with professionals, students, and enthusiasts also encouraged to attend the event onsite. The OGR, Torino’s modern venue, will house a program of talks, presentations, workshops, and masterclasses in what promises to be a vibrant and inclusive atmosphere. In addition, attendees will have an opportunity to meet leading filmmakers, artists, and visionaries for an inspiring exchange of ideas and experiences, whether onsite or online.
Just a few highlights:
2022 Recruitment Fair
Get your portfolio in front of key companies at the VIEW Conference 2022 Recruitment Fair featuring companies like ILM; Framestore; Trixter; Rotomaker; Axis Studios; El Ranchito; Technicolor Creative Studios; Escape Studios; and Alps Studios – register here.
The Recruitment Fair is on-site at OGR in Corso Castelfidardo 22, Torino, Italy, from October 17-21.
The latest announcements and highlights:
- “Artificial Intelligence: Killing Art or Improving It?” - Panel with James Knight, Helena Packer, Andreas Maaninka, and Jason Yang on October 20.
- A behind-the-scenes look at Rodeo FX Animation’s Canary
- New portfolio review sessions:
- In addition to the session with Mila Useche on Sunday, October 16, another portfolio review session with Megan Brain and David Brain is scheduled for October 17, as well as one on October 21 with Michael Coldeway
- Peggy Holmes, the director of Skydance Animation’s Luck joins the directors’ panel on the “Future of Animation” on October 20.
A look at what’s to come:
The conference will welcome an array of speakers, including:
- Ramsey Naito: President of Nickelodeon Animation and Paramount Animation and producer of The Boss Baby.
- Roy Conli: The Oscar-winning producer will be presenting Disney’s upcoming animated feature Strange World.
- Peter Ramsey: Oscar-winning director will give a talk about the Netflix animated series Lost Ollie.
- Shannon Tindle: The creator joins Ramsey in the discussion about Lost Ollie.
- Rob Minkoff (director): (The Lion King and Mr. Peabody and Sherman) presents Paramount Pictures’ Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Alex Schwartz (executive producer): (Mr. Peabody and Sherman and The Addams Family) joins Minkoff in the presentation of Paramount Pictures’ Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.
- Kris Pearn: Director of The Willoughbys and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
- Marc Petit: Epic Games’ Unreal Engine, VP and GM.
- Paul Debevec: Netflix director of research, creative algorithms, and technology.
- Steve May: Pixar’s chief technology officer.
- Eloi Champagne: Interactive storytelling specialist will unveil his work as technical director at the National Film Board of Canada.
- Dylan Sisson: Creative pioneer behind Pixar’s RenderMan.
- Jan-Bart van Beek: Game developer and studio director of Guerilla Games will showcase Horizon Forbidden West, the action role-playing game from Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- Kevin Grow: Insomniac Games lead animator will present Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, the award-winning game developed for Sony’s Playstation 5.
Presenting cutting-edge innovations in visual effects and virtual production are:
- Rob Bredow: Industrial Light & Magic senior vice president and chief creative officer.
- Ben Morris: ILM London creative director and Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor.
- Janet Muswell Hamilton: HBO senior vice president of visual effects.
- Jay Worth: Visual effects supervisor will discuss the imagery in HBO’s sci-fi series Westworld.
- Danielle Feinberg: Pixar Animation Studio’s visual effects supervisor will discuss working on Turning Red.
- Fran Kalal: Pixar Animation Studio’s simulation and tailoring supervisor will discuss Lightyear.
Source: VIEW 2022