Free field-upgradeable software update brings additional image improvements and new features to 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD professional production camera.
Las Vegas, NV -- AJA Video Systems unveiled v1.2 firmware for its CION 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD professional production camera today at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show 2015. The field-upgradeable software update brings CION users around the world additional image improvements, new features and several other enhancements.
CION v1.2 updates:
- White Balance: Improved white balance performance for over exposed image portions
- Video Levels: Improved video levels with higher IRE values available for various EI, gamma and color correction combinations.
- Gamma/Color correction: Additional gamma and color correction options for higher EI 800 and EI 1000 values.
- New LUT support: Internal video gamma LUT for external monitoring of the Expanded 1 or Disabled gamma selections when an external LUT device is not in use.
- Auto White Balance Alarm: Notifies users if an image does not contain a sufficient value of white or grey to perform an appropriate white balance and reverts to the unity setting.
- Time Lapse Function Indicator: Interval record (time lapse) indication for the superimposed monitoring overlay.
- Expanded RGB output: SMPTE or full RGB range values can now be selected for the main SDI outputs.
Ergonomic and lightweight with unparalleled connectivity, CION is capable of shooting at 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD resolutions. In-camera recording directly to the Apple ProRes family of codecs, including 12-bit ProRes 444, enables incredible image quality capture to cost-effective AJA Pak SSD media at up to 4K/60p, and offers compatibility with a wide range of post production applications. CION can also output AJA Raw at up to 4K 120fps via 4 x 3G-SDI or up to 4K 30fps via Thunderbolt™.
“We're thrilled by the enthusiasm we’ve seen for CION from the community thus far and we’ve been blown away by the incredible images our users are creating; it’s fueling our team’s efforts to regularly bring users new features and improvements that will help solve common production problems,” says Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “CION already offers so many great features at an incredible price point, and this software update is just another example of our commitment to make it even greater with the integration of some of our most popular user-requested features.”
CION v1.2 firmware is field-upgradeable, easily uploaded to the CION camera via a built-in web UI with a standard web-browser, and recommended for all CION users.
Source: AJA Video Systems