New driver features time-saving updates for Adobe Premiere Rush and Premiere Pro including auto reframe, scene edit detection, blender cycles.
Adobe has announced that the August Nvidia Studio Driver, designed to assist in better and faster content creation, is now available for download. The new driver supports a series of app releases and updates to Adobe Premiere Rush, Premiere Pro, Blender, V-Ray 5 for Maya, Flicker Free, and BorisFX Optics.
Adobe Premiere Rush and Premiere Pro
- Auto Reframe is now available in Premiere Rush Powered by Adobe Sensei AI. The time saving feature automatically keeps the most important part of the shot in frame when reformatting aspect ratios for various social media.
- Also recently added, Scene Edit Detection in the Premiere Pro public beta, a new Sensei AI feature optimized by Nvidia GPUs that quickly detects and tags cuts in final video files.
“We work closely with Nvidia to deliver GPU-enhanced features that help make Adobe applications more robust and powerful,” commented Adobe Creative Cloud Video, head of partner relations, Sue Skidmore. “With Nvidia encode acceleration in Adobe Premiere Pro, editors can export high-resolution videos up to 500% faster than on CPU. And now, powerful new Adobe Sensei-enabled tools like Auto Reframe in Premiere Rush and Scene Edit Detection in Premiere Pro use Nvidia GPUs to help creators dream up high-quality content faster than ever.”
- Blender 2.90, to be released on August 26, will be available on all Nvidia GPUs, offering greater accessibility for 3D designers and artists. Artists with older GPUs and systems with a mix of RTX and non-RTX GPUs can now render scenes with OptiX. For non-RTX GPUs, rendering runs on the CUDA Cores. On RTX GPUs, rendering gets big speedups from RT Cores and Tensor Cores.
- The update also adds NVLink support so multiple GPUs can be connected in a single system, speeding up rendering in scenes larger than one GPU’s memory capacity.
V-Ray 5 GPU for Maya
- Chaos Group’s V-Ray 5 release is now ready for Autodesk Maya users with out-of-core geometry support for rendering using Nvidia CUDA, improving performance working with large scenes that are not able to fit into the GPU’s memory. New GPU-accelerated features for lighting, materials, and color management, such as LightMix allows users to experiment with lighting changes after rendering and layer compositing to fine-tune and finish your images directly in the V-Ray frame buffer. This removes the need for a separate post-processing app.
- Popular with video editors specializing in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, Flicker Free is a plugin and a simple way to remove flicker from video footage. Soon it will be offering greatly enhanced motion to detect and delineate independently moving objects, even in the presence of camera motion, eliminating flicker caused by out of sync cameras, time-lapse, or slow-motion video. The update adds CUDA support to Flicker Free, providing results up to 8x faster than a standalone CPU.
Introducing BorisFX Optics
- Designed for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom power users, BorisFX Optics is a fast, easy-to-use, digital photography plugin to simulate optical camera filters, specialized lenses, film stocks and grain, lens flares, optical lab processes, color correction as well as natural light and photographic effects. These filters help photographers get the perfect look, creating stunningly beautiful and realistic lens flares, subtle soft glows, photorealistic lightning effects, stylized looks, and treatments, and more. Used by top visual effects artists, Sapphire’s superior image quality and on-screen controls offer time-saving creative options.
New Studio Laptops Available for Pre-Order
- Z by HP’s ZBook Studio and ZBook Create are available to buy online. ZBook Studio is a razor-thin workstation designed to meet the needs of the most creatives combining powerful Nvidia Quadro RTX GPUs and Intel Xeon processors. ZBook Create sets a new standard by combining Nvidia GeForce RTX graphics and full spectrum color precision with HP’s DreamColor technology. With a professional-grade chassis made of sustainable materials, an 87% screen-to-body ratio, these ZBooks bring creators the first DreamColor display and all-day battery life.
Most Studio systems come with 3 months of Adobe Creative Cloud giving artists specializing in photography, graphic design, video editing and 3D motion graphics over 30+ apps and tools necessary to realize their creative visions.