New features and tool updates improve performance and enhance productivity with Premiere Pro and Character Animator, including faster ProRes on Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max, title graphics upgrades for improved search and replace tool, and puppet maker to give animators new ways to create, customize and animate characters
Adobe has announced new features and updates across Creative Cloud video and audio tools that improve performance and enhance productivity. The updates feature several new tools for titles, graphics, and animation in Premiere Pro and Character Animator, as well as performance improvements and workflow refinements in Premiere Pro.
New updates include:
5x faster ProRes on Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max systems:
- New hardware acceleration for Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max systems delivers up to 5x faster performance for 4k and 8K ProRes formats.
- High resolution HEVC formats are also faster on all Apple silicon Macs running macOS 12.
- Display technology optimizations on Windows systems with integrated GPUs will see playback performance improvements ranging from 5 percent to 40 percent across all formats.
- Color Match is now 30 percent faster, accelerating shot matching workflows, and two more effects are now GPU-accelerated.
Title and graphics improvements in Premiere Pro:
- Using the new Text panel, first introduced for the Speech to Text and captions workflow, editors can now search all the titles and graphics in their sequence and perform global Search and Replace along with spell checking.
- A new universal text engine makes it easy to work with different languages and scripts, even within the same graphic.
- New shape tools allow editors and creators to add polygons to their graphics with precision controls for sizing and the ability to add and adjust rounded corners. Users who are familiar with the Adobe design tools in applications like Photoshop and Illustrator will feel right at home.
Puppet Maker in Character Animator
- Puppet Maker gives creators the tools they need to create, customize, and animate their own characters in Adobe Character Animator. Previously, users had to first build and rig a layered puppet in Photoshop or Illustrator or use one of the pre-built puppets in Character Animator.
- Puppet Maker gives users the immediacy of starting in Character Animator and the freedom to design their own character from a variety of styles, without leaving the application.
Transcript-based Lip Sync in Character Animator:
- Also new in Character Animator, Transcript-based Lip Sync allows creators to animate their character’s mouth movements using written scripts or transcriptions, including transcripts generated with Speech to Text in Premiere Pro.