Animation historian Tom Sito elected to represent the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch; VFX veteran Richard Edlund re-elected to head the Visual Effects Branch.
LOS ANGELES -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced its newly elected 2017-18 Board of Governors.
Those elected to the Board for the first time are:
- Whoopi Goldberg, Actors Branch
- Mandy Walker, Cinematographers Branch
- Isis Mussenden, Costume Designers Branch
- Wynn P. Thomas, Designers Branch
- Kimberly Peirce, Directors Branch
- David Linde, Executives Branch
- Christina Kounelias, Public Relations Branch
- Thomas R. Sito, Short Films and Feature Animation Branch
- Teri E. Dorman, Sound Branch
- Larry Karaszewski, Writers Branch
Incumbent governors re-elected to the Board include:
- Lora Kennedy, Casting Directors Branch
- Kate Amend, Documentary Branch
- Michael Tronick, Film Editors Branch
- Kathryn L. Blondell, Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch
- Charles Bernstein, Music Branch
- Albert Berger, Producers Branch
- Returning to the Board after a hiatus is:
- Richard Edlund, Visual Effects Branch
The Academy’s 17 branches are each represented by three governors, who may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms. The Board of Governors sets the Academy’s strategic vision, preserves the organization’s financial health, and assures the fulfillment of its mission.
For a full list of Academy governors, click here.
Source: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences