HP, Intel and Movidiam’s #PowerYourBreakthrough is an artist-led initiative designed to inspire new and upcoming creative artists in the VFX and film industry.
LONDON -- HP has partnered with Intel and creative freelance network, Movidiam to launch a new initiative designed to inspire the next generation of digital artists. Six UK-based freelancers, masters of their respective crafts, will curate a series of online courses that provide practical creative skills and industry knowledge.
Using the latest HP hardware, each pro will showcase their technical capabilities in the #PowerYourBreakthrough video series. This will provide insight into the type of work they do on a day to day basis, and how they approach creative tasks from their own individual perspective. Each course module will contain technical tutorials, plus practical advice on how to build a career path in the industry from those with first-hand experience.
“Anyone anywhere can be a creator, and as we continue learning how to adapt to new ways of working and learning during these unprecedented times, it’s clear that people are turning to creativity as a way to express themselves,” commented HP managing director - UK & Ireland, George Brasher. “Our role is to give those creators the power needed to make their next breakthrough. Through our partnership with Movidiam, we are committed to supporting the development of the creative community, helping them upskill and hone their craft”.
“With a rich history of PC innovations for the creative community, HP is the ideal technology partner for the next generation of creators,” added Movidiam co-founder, George Olver. “For the next generation of digital artists, the practice of creativity is instinctual, and they need both a device, as well as in-depth guidance, to help bring their expressions to life as quickly as possible”.
Motion Graphics - Hushmukh Kerai
- In this series, motion graphic designer and 3D illustrator explores what it takes to be a freelance motion graphics artist – from creating the perfect reel to how to be taken seriously in the industry.
- Kerai is a motion graphic designer and 3D illustrator working as a freelancer in east London. He originally started up his creative career in film and production, but then followed up with his love for VFX.
Animation - Laurie Rowan
- In this series, the award-winning animator goes over what it takes to be a professional animator – keeping your work, and yourself, going.
- Rowan is an animator, illustrator and director represented by Nexus Studios. Based on the South Coast of England where he has worked both freelance and studio-based, Rowan has been involved in campaigns for clients such as BBC, Channel 4, Droga5, Disney and Google. His work has achieved numerous accolades including a Children’s Bafta win and Lovie Award.
Photography - Matthew Joseph
- In this series, the award-winning photographer covers everything from how to deal with a client brief, curating your social media presence, to the ins and outs of his software of choice.
- Joseph is an award-winning people-focused advertising photographer & director. He is a visual storyteller who uses his experience behind the camera in a variety of situations, cultures, and climates across the world, helping to connect global brands with their local audience through stills and motion.
Directing - Nova Dando
- Dando shares her years of experience and puts her knowhow to work, teaching all there is to know about having a career as a director.
- An award-winning commercial director and creative based in London, Dando’s clients span beauty, fashion, and technology. She works 360° across campaigns from conceptual development to direction and execution across TV, video and social channels.
Filmmaking - Sebastian Thiel
- In this course, filmmaker, and director Thiel walks through the key elements of his career - from clients to software.
- A filmmaker born in Luanshya, Zambia, and raised in Northwest London, Thiel was inspired by these places in creating his first films. In his late teens, he founded Upshot Entertainment. He has been featured on TEDx Talks and was listed in the “Top 25 Under 25 most influential Londoners” by Evening Standard.
Illustration – Tina Touli
- In this series, the award-winning illustrator explores the elements of a career in this field, covering everything from how to deal with a client brief, curating social media presence, to the ins and outs of software choices.
- Touli is a graphic communication designer, art director, maker, keynote speaker and educator. Her studio is known for building solid concepts and constantly blending things from the physical and the digital world.
Through August 14, students will be able to enter a competition in response to the brief ‘breakthrough,’ with up to £100,000 worth of prizes. The 1st place prize includes one Z by HP Z4 with 10th Gen Intel Core processor, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 Graphics, a HP DreamColor Z27x G2 Studio Display and other partner prizes. Other prizes will be awarded for the runners up and winners of the photography, illustration, directing, motion graphics, animation, filmmaking, and people’s vote categories.
The competition will end for judging on August 14 with winners announced on the August 21. Complete information and how to enter is available on the official website.