Two-day event running September 25-26 promises innovative and insightful content with screenings, presentations, panels and industry guests.
Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD) has announced that the 4th annual SCAD AnimationFest is to be a reimagined, all-virtual festival presented by SCADFILM, allowing access to a wider audience than ever before. The two-day event, running September 25-26, will provide innovative and insightful content every hour on the hour throughout the two-day event. The event is open to the public, industry luminaries, fans, students, alumni, prospective students, parents, and educators.
Industry creatives will engage directly with students, alumni, faculty, and fans of the digital media arts during screenings, presentations, and panels providing access to the creative minds behind animation, visual effects, motion media, and gaming content across all genres and platforms.
Confirmed participants include:
- Studios: AMAZON, DreamWorks Animation.
- Features/Series: Undone (Amazon), How to Train Your Dragon 10th Anniversary Celebration (DreamWorks).
- Guests: Everett Downing (storyboard artist, Hair Love); Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Kate Purdy (creators, Undone); Jason Mayer (head of FX, DreamWorks; M.F.A., computer art, 2004)
Announcement of additional guests to come.
SCAD leadership has researched and is partnering with leading technology platforms to provide a multi-faceted and engaging virtual experience for all attendees, using a combination of Cinesend, Perigon, and SquadUp. SCAD will stream the entire festival live, offering screenings
through privacy-protected platforms.
- Cinesend: A cloud-based distribution and streaming platform with needed piracy controls and integration for all streaming digital content.
- Perigon: A virtual events platform that allows real-time content delivery with sophisticated functionality and execution.
- SquadUp: A mobile ticketing, event management, and audience engagement platform that allows mobile registration and integration with other platforms and apps.
More information is available on the event website.
Source: The Savannah College of Art and Design