Go behind the scenes with filmmakers discussing their animation projects; scheduled sessions include the production of Netflix’s first three animated shorts ‘Canvas,’ ‘If Anything Happens I Love You,’ and ‘Cops and Robbers;’ Baobab Studios’ VR Exploration Baba Yaga; and PaperBoat Animation Studio’s ‘Bombay Rose.’
VIEW Conference welcomes the new year with three new exclusive PreVIEW events. The free sessions feature online conversations with teams of animation professionals discussing their latest projects.
Go Behind the Scenes of Netflix’s First Three Animated Shorts:
Friday, January 15th, at 10:00am PST / 6:00pm UK / 19:00 CET
- Canvas - Director Frank Abney and producer Paige Johnstone present a passion project exploring the healing power of love in the face of overwhelming grief.
- If Anything Happens I Love You - Directors Will McCormack and Michael Govier talk about their short, which tackles the devastating aftermath of a shooting incident at a school.
- Cops and Robbers - Directors Arnon Manor and Timothy Ware-Hill discuss an animated interpretation of Ware-Hill’s powerful poem about racial injustice and the murder of Ahmaud Arbery.
Launched in the fall of 2020, these three short films assert Netflix’s belief that a great story can come in any size, shape, or length, with each film using diverse animation techniques to tell powerful and emotionally charged story about challenging social issues.
Register HERE for the behind the scenes look at Netflix’s first three animated shorts.
Go behind the scenes with Emmy Award-winning animation studio Baobab Studios at 5: Innovations in Animated Storytelling:
On Saturday, January 30, at 10:00am PST / 6:00pm UK / 19:00 CET,
- Join Baobab’s CEO and co-founder Maureen Fan, CCO and co-founder Eric Darnell, CTO and co-founder Larry Cutler, and head of content Kane Lee, who share their insights on the studio’s first five years creating a new generation of real-time animated stories.
- The team also discusses their latest animated experience, Baba Yaga, a VR exploration of the classic Eastern European legend, rendered using a range of visual styles including illustrative 2D pop-up, hand-drawn and stop-motion animation, and enhancing interactivity through a dynamic AI that places participants at the heart of the story.
Register HERE for Baobab Studios at 5: Innovations in Animated Storytelling
Go behind the scenes on PaperBoat Animation Studio’s Bombay Rose:
Friday, February 12, at 9:00am PST / 5:00pm UK / 18:00 CET
- Director Gitanjali Rao speaks about her debut animated feature Bombay Rose. An award-winning festival favorite, the film which took two years to complete at PaperBoat Animation Studios and tells the story of a young dancer living on the streets of Bombay.
Sign up HERE for the VIEW Conference 2021 newsletter for more PreVIEW updates.
The 2021 PreVIEW season will deliver a range of inspiring events every month through to the official launch of VIEW Conference on October 17.
“Our team is already working hard to make VIEW 2021 bigger and better than ever before,” commented conference director Dr. Maria Elena Gutierrez. “The PreVIEW season of free online events is a wonderful way to stay in touch with our VIEW family around the world, and the perfect platform to showcase some of the exciting projects reaching fruition during the run-up to the conference in October.”
About VIEW 2021
The international VIEW Conference, Italy’s premiere event for Computer Graphics, Interactive & Immersive Media, Animation, Visual Effects, Games, Real-time Rendering, Virtual Production, AI, VR, AR, and Mixed Reality, brings top professionals from those fields to the beautiful baroque city of Torino, Italy for a week of talks, presentations, and workshops. The 2021 VIEW Conference will take place from October 17 - 22 in Torino’s state-of-the-art OGR venue and virtually.
Revisit the VIEW Conference 2020 through the comprehensive online archive. All videos are now available on-demand.
Source: VIEW Conference