Representing the very best kids animated TV development work across Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, the new projects will be presented live at the event to an audience of broadcasters, co-producers, distributors and investors from Asia and the international marketplace.
TORONTO -- Kidscreen has announced the 26 animation concepts that have been selected for the 2016 Asian Animation Summit showcase. Representing the very best kids animated TV development work across Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia and New Zealand, these projects will be presented live at the event to an audience of broadcasters, co-producers, distributors and investors from Asia and the international marketplace.
- Animal Rescue -- HONG DANG MOO (South Korea)
- Big Five -- Tak Toon Enterprise (South Korea)
- Bluey -- Ludo Studio (Australia)
- Cheeky Dogs -- Carbon Media (Australia)
- Cosentino -- BES Animation / Gumball Enterprises (Australia)
- Dave the Caveman -- Moon House Studio (Thailand)
- Eggy Egg! -- The Monk Studios (Thailand)
- Horseplay -- Like A Photon Creative (Australia)
- Jack of All Trades -- Cirkus Animation (New Zealand)
- Junglemajig -- Tudidut Studio (Malaysia)
- Junkyard Alien -- Lux Monkeys (Australia)
- Kertaz -- Gancho Studios (Malaysia)
- Kong Kong Land -- CGIPIXEL STUDIO (South Korea)
- Little Slippies -- ATAPY (Thailand)
- Lucy’s Cannon -- Blue Rocket Productions (Australia)
- Miniambra -- KaruKaru Studio (Australia)
- Monkart: Legend of Monster Kart -- SAMG Animation (South Korea)
- Okolele -- Metal Brain Studio (Malaysia)
- Nuts…So Mond’Ster -- Tomogram Studio (Thailand)
- NORI: RollerCoaster Boy -- XrisP (South Korea)
- Sophia & Friends -- eD ONLINE Technologies (Malaysia)
- TAAN: The Avatar Warrior -- Kantana Animation Studio (Thailand)
- T-Buster -- Synergy Media (South Korea)
- TIDO -- The Commonist (Malaysia)
- The Super Red Riding Hood -- Studio B Corp (South Korea)
- Wonderbots -- W Animation (Malaysia)
Hosted by Screen Queensland and Brisbane Marketing, the 2016 Asian Animation Summit is owned and produced by Kidscreen, in concert with presenting partners KOCCA (Korea), MDeC (Malaysia), and SIPA and DITP (Thailand), with a mandate to facilitate international financing and co-production connections for projects from the Asian region.
This year’s event is set to take place in Brisbane, Australia from November 22 to 24. Over the course of the three-day event, each project will be presented in a moderated live pitch and Q&A format, with plenty of time for follow-up meetings and casual networking built into the schedule.
There will also be informative conference sessions at the start of Tuesday and Wednesday, touching on topics that are highly relevant to Asian animation producers.
Growing up with YouTube Kids
Get up to speed on YouTube’s latest Kids & Learning plays in the region, with an intel briefing by Sanoop Luke on the performance of the YouTube Kids app, an upcoming YouTube Original series, and a burgeoning shift that’s seeing some native YouTube creators upskilling to try traditional TV-style production.
Reaching New Heights with Shorts
As kids content continues to get more and more snackable, we check in on new development models for shorter formats that meet an increasing multiplatform and off-air demand for bite-sized entertainment.