The market's annual event showcases the best animated film projects, both new and in development; this year, out of 651 submissions, 32 projects have been chosen and will be presented June 13-15 during the Annecy Festival.
The 2023 Annecy International Animation Festival, running June 11-17, has revealed its annual “Mifa Pitches” selections. The program aims to highlight the best animated film projects – new and in development. Of the 651 projects submitted for this year’s event, 32 selections will be presented.
The Mifa Pitches (reservations required) will be held in the Salle de la Volière and at the Rotonde de l'Europe (for the Digital Experiences category):
- Digital Experiences Pitches: Tuesday, June 13, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Feature Film Pitches: Wednesday, June 14, 9:00 am to 10:30 am
- Short Film Pitches: Wednesday, June 14, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm, in partnership with the SACD
- TV Series & Specials Pitches: Thursday, June 15, 9:00 am to 11:00 am, in partnership with Disney+
The Partners Pitches highlight talents from the same country or category and are organized and supported by delegations, institutions, or associations – they will be presented in the Salle Haendel:
Tuesday, June 13:
- Stories x Women (WIA & FIAPF Program): 9:00 am to 10:15 am
- Tales from Ghana: 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
- Mexico: 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm
- Southeast Asia Partners Pitches (session 1): 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm
- Partners Pitches: Spotlight on Taiwan (TAICCA): 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Wednesday, June 14:
- Spain (MIA): 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
- Southeast Asia Partners Pitches (session 2): 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm
- La Liga de la Animación Iberoamericana Focus @Mifa: 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm
- Opportunities with Israel's West Negev Regional Fund – Come & See Their Recent Projects: 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Thursday, June 15:
- Tokyo Government (Japan): 11:00 am to 12:15 pm
- Korea (KOCCA): 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm
- Les Femmes s’animent: 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm
- Ukraine: 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Check out the projects here.
Two International Mifa Campus workshops were held in Thailand and Ghana at the end of 2022/early 2023 to develop each project presented as part of their Partners Pitches sessions.
Source: Annecy Festival 2023