The annual event returns in-person as well as online, running October 27 to November 30; the deadline to submit films is September 16.
British Columbia, Canada’s only Oscar-accredited festival, Spark Animation features world-class films, talks, and events in an intimate, grass-roots event. This year, in-person programming is back, combined with a worldwide multi-stream event giving attendees a chance to learn, meet, and be inspired by top industry talent. The event also features panels, talks, and workshops from the most talented artists, directors, and studio luminaries.
To promote and celebrate animated films and animators across the globe, this year’s Spark Animation Festival has gathered a notable lineup of jury members, consisting of industry professionals of diverse backgrounds.
2022 Spark Animation jury members:
- Babak Bina: Director, character & creature designer for Zoic Studios, Gnomon Workshop, Centre for Entertainment Arts, and Rooxter Films
- Brenda Chapman: Producer, Writer & Director, Independent
- Clara Chan: VFX Supervisor, Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Desirae Witte: Director & Story Artist, Independent
- James Hursthouse: Founder and CEO of Departure
- Jay Surridge: Chief Creative Officer and Studio Director, Yeti Farm Creative
- Jinko Gotoh: Producer, Independent
- Kevin Lima: Writer, Director & Producer, Independent
- Laura Brousseau: Co-Director, Animal Logic
- Mindy Johnson: Author, Historian, and Educator, CalArts, Drexel University & Independent
- Ron Clements: Producer, Writer & Director, Independent
- Simone Giampaolo: Director of Animated Films, Independent
The deadline for film submissions through Spark CG Society’s FilmFreeway submission page is September 16, 2022.
Visit Spark Animation 2022 here for additional information.
Source: Spark CG Society