Annual gathering adds two new categories -- VR/AR and feature film -- for the 2018 edition, set for April 25-26 in Munich.
MUNICH -- Creatives from all over the world are once again called upon to send in their top projects in the fields of 3D animation, stills, visual effects, visualization and design for consideration for an animago Award 2018.
Animago trophies in a total of twelve categories representing all CGI disciplines are up for grabs this year. It doesn’t cost anything to submit your projects at www.animago.com and you have until June 30. The award ceremony will take place Oct. 25 as the highlight of the animago Award & Conference at Munich’s Gasteig Centre.
This year will see the introduction of two new animago Award categories, thus bringing the total to twelve categories set out by Digital Production, the digital industry magazine that organizes the event each year:
- NEW: Best VR/AR/360-degree. This category will recognize technically outstanding works in the field of Virtual Reality Experience, in particular with regard to the qualities of interaction, innovation and advanced technical proficiency.
- NEW: Best Feature Film. The animago Awards’ expert jury will work together with the Digital Production editorial team to nominate three visually outstanding contemporary feature-film projects that excel due to their design, overall impression and visual effects. The prizewinner will be chosen via public vote.
- Best Young Production. This award comes with prize money contributed by Digital Production totaling 3,000 euros.
- Best Still. The jury will select the three most compelling stills and the winner is then chosen via public voting.
- Best Visual Effects.
- Best Short Film.
- Best Character.
- Best Game Cinematic.
- Best Motion Design.
- Best Advertising Production.
- Best Visualization.
- Jury‘s Prize.
For years now, the broader animago gathering has served as a platform for networking and the exchange of knowledge among an audience of international industry professionals, as well as a meeting place for general film and media enthusiasts.
The main topics at the conference include animation, visual effects, industry visualization, product design, virtual reality and augmented reality, game design, project management, business and technology.
All events are supported by the Bavarian State Ministry for Economics and Media, Energy and Technology and by the Team of Excellence, Culture and Creative Industries, City of Munich.
Animago is organized by the leading German-language digital industry magazine known as Digital Production.
Source: animago Award & Conference