Oscar qualifying Spanish animation festival embarks on virtual journey, offering free masterclasses with an international line-up of artists and creators.
The 15th edition of the International Summit Animayo is now set for May 15 – 17 on a 100% virtual platform. It is the first and only Spanish animation festival designated as an Oscar qualifying event by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The winners will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film category of the Academy Awards without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
The event is an encounter with 3D, audiovisual environments, visual effects, video games, animation and virtual reality aimed at promoting creative development, in which international artists and creators transmit their knowledge through masterclasses.
Animayo’s 2020 masterclass program is as follows:
- The Process of Visual Arts: A conversation with master of VFX Eli Jarra & Roger Kupelian – Saturday, 5/16
- From Ghibli to Walt Disney Animation Studios – Sunday, 5/17
- Livonia: Making A Large Game World for Arma 3 and DayZ – Saturday, 5/16
- The making of The Remedy, Daniel Peixe's first VR short film – Sunday, 5/17
- The Surreal Worlds of Amanita Design – Saturday, 5/16
- The profession of VFX, a borderless journey – Sunday, 5/17
- Creative process in music and audio production (Demo / Concert) – Saturday, 5/16
All classes are free. More information regarding classes and registration is available here.