New release adds to collection of keying, tracking, cleanup, and visual effects compositing tools new feature to match any lens distortion.
PORTLAND, OR -- Red Giant has released an update to VFX Suite, its collection of keying, tracking, cleanup and visual effects compositing tools, all right inside Adobe After Effects. The VFX Suite 1.5 update introduces Lens Distortion, a new tool for matching the distortion of any lens and provides updates to some of the original tools.
Watch what’s new:
“When we released VFX Suite last year, our goal was to solve the challenges faced by professional VFX artists by giving them next generation tools right inside of After Effects,” commented Maxon/Red Giant’s chief creative officer, Stu Maschwitz. “With VFX Suite 1.5, we’re excited to build on that with new and updated tools that allow for even better visual effects and compositing results.”
New Lens Distortion Tool
Lens Distortion is a new tool that makes matching the distortion of a lens easy, so that elements can be seamlessly composited in a shot - it can determine the type of lens used for a shot on its own, in an instant. As curved lines are identified that should be straight, the lens distortion tool quickly solves the lens.
Updates to Current Tools:
All plugins are GPU-accelerated, giving AE users great results at fast speeds.
- Color Match: Use the new tool (found in the color correction tool) and Supercomp will instantly match the black and white points of the layers behind it, providing a fast way to get a much more believable composite.
- Color Space Options: Supercomp now includes professional color handling options, with 28 new color spaces added. The tool supports popular cameras from Arri, Blackmagic, Canon, RED and more.
- Optical Glow and Layer Glow tools have been updated to include new radiate options for creating organic light rays, the ability to separately scale the RGB channels of the glow, and the ability to separately scale the effect on the X and Y axes.
OPTICAL GLOW 1.5
- Radiate: Add light rays to a glow using the new radiate feature. Users can also control the size and center point of the rays.
- Per-Channel Size: Separately scale the RGB channels of the glow creating a more organic effect.
- Size XY: Optical Glow 1.5 introduces the option to separately control the scale of the glow effect on both the X- and Y-axis.
KING PIN TRACKER 1.5
- Copy ‘To Pins’ to ‘From Pins’: A new one-click workflow that copies the position of the ‘To Pins’ to the ‘From Pins.’ This speeds up processes like painting out an object, adding a set extension, and more.
- Enhanced User Experience: King Ping Tracker now has better placement tools such as the ability to move the entire shape as one, and the ability to grab and offset the edges of a layer within the planar space created by the corner pin.
- Show Shadow Only: A one-click solution for instantly hiding the contents of the source layer and showing only the shadow.
- Distortion: Distort a shadow over bumps and dips in the background layer for a more realistic composite.
- Show Reflection Only: A one-click solution for instantly hiding the contents of the source layer and showing only the reflection.
- Distortion: Distort a reflection over bumps and dips in the background layer (such as the ripples on the surface of a lake) for a more realistic composite.
Red Giant VFX Suite is available as a subscription or as part of Red Giant Complete.
- Host-App: All the tools work in Adobe After Effects 2018 and later. Knoll Light Factory, Primatte Keyer, Optical Glow and Chromatic Displacement also work in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 and later.
- OS: All tools work on both Windows and Mac.
VFX Suite pricing, compatibility and complete overview is available here.
Source: Red Giant