Search form

Animation Networking

1 post / 0 new
Animation Networking

My friend and I have started a small animation company. We're doing a 1 minute trailer now in the hopes of winning a grant which will allow us to create a full length 8 minute animation. We have enough people to do the 1 minute trailer, but for the 8 minute animation we'll need more people. We need a Sound Designer, a VFX person, and possibly a character modeler. The crew we have now works remotely. I live in California, the storyboarder lives in South Africa, the concept designer/modeler lives in Italy, another modeler lives in Pakistan with the animator. This is fine for a short trailer, because everyone can do their and upload it when it's finished - but for the 8 minute animation and for all future animations I want people to be more centralized and I like Atlanta  as a location. 

Does anyone know how to find people in the animation industry (or students who aspire to be in animation) in Atlanta or around Atlanta (including Savannah)? I'm asking because I need to reach out to people to see their work and see how much money we need to raise to hire them? Being somewhat new to the industry it has been exceptionally hard making connections.  Any advice would be appreciated.