Search form

Need Animator for simple 2D project

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Need Animator for simple 2D project

Hi to all.  I am not an animator.  I am a youtube looking for someone to help me make a small simple animation for my youtube channel.  What I am looking for is a short 10-second animation that I can run on my videos to encourage people to subscribe.  I apologize because I don't know the technical terms for what I am looking for, but I will do my best to try to describe what I am after. 

What I want is an animation that I can overlay on the bottom portion of my video.  I have created a very crude sample of what I want to give you a visual example. You can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/Da9nquQJFc8

Obviously, I am looking for something much better animated than this, but still a simple 2D cartoon style animation.  I want it to have a transparent background and play on top of the main video without blocking out anything but what the objects in the animation are.  I want the archer to walk out onto the screen, pull back the bow, shoot the arrow, watch the arrow fly over, and hit the target.

I have look through thousands of animations on over a dozen stock animation sites and cannot find anything even remotely similar, and not one animation with a transparent background, that could be used on top of another video.  

So, guys, I would appreciate some help in getting started down the right path.  What do I call the type of animation I am looking for?  Where would I go to find animators that might be interested in working on something like this?  I am a very small youtube channel and don't make much money at it, but I am not asking for anything for free.  I can pay a reasonable price. 

Edited by: Victor Bailey on 10/08/2020 - 4:41pm
What are the criteria for

What are the criteria for choosing an animator?