Search form

In need of some animation vocab advice

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
In need of some animation vocab advice

Thank you so much to anyone who can hel;p with some info and advice.

I'm an illustrator, and the startup I work with is looking to bring someone in to do some, numorous, but pretty simple 3d animations of objects I've created.

The process would be animating flat pieces of "paper" to then fold up into various geometric objects. 

I wonder if there are certain key words, or vocab for this process that we could use in our hiring process. Like, what do we put in the job post to get someone who can do this well and how can we clearly communicate the poroject to them? It's the kind of thing I would assume most people who understand 3d animation and armatures, etc would know how to do. But maybe that's an incorrect assumption. I'm a 2d illustrator, so I don't want to go around being dumb about another person's industry.

Any advice? I want to be able to communicate to our animator as successfully as possible. 

Im No Professional But-

Im No Professional But-

All I wanna say is, be confident, do what u love, and yea, good luck! Also theres this channel with great advice and tips; heres one of their videos. I learned a lot from this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBE-RTFkXDk