Search form

Best GIF 2020 - La Guarimba Film Festival

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Best GIF 2020 - La Guarimba Film Festival

La Guarimba Film Festival is joining forces with GIPHY Arts to give the BEST GIF AWARD 2020. The contest is open to any artist who can create original GIFs and there are no participation fees.⁠

To join, simply create a GIPHY account, upload your GIF masterpiece, and tag it #LaGuarimba2020 before 30/06/20 for a chance to win $500! All eligible submissions will be made available on the giphy.com/laguarimba channel and a selection will be screened this summer during La Guarimba.⁠

You can find all the information here: https://www.laguarimba.com/giphy/

The VIII edition of La Guarimba International Film Festival will be held this year from 7th to 12th August 2020 in Amantea (Calabria, Southern Italy).

"Bringing the cinema back to the people and the people to the cinema", is the goal of La Guarimba, a goal that this year seems essential like never before. Thanks to GIPHY Arts we will also be extending our mission online, offering the opportunity to artists worldwide to express themselves and be showcased on our open-air 12-meter screen.

Oh, what a pity I didn't know

Oh, what a pity I didn't know about this contest last year!
I guess I'll try my luck this year if it's gonna happen again. I've been creating animated GIFs for about four years now, and I genuinely think my work is great. How modest of me, ha-ha! But, yeah, I hope one day I'll be like Guillaume Kurkdjian. He's my idol, and his animations are insanely good. Since the post is more about the festival itself, I was actually going to ask whether you guys know any companies that provide production hire services. If yes, could you please provide me with an audio equipment hire list? That would honestly be great! Cheers!