Search form

Collab-19.net - Animation from Isolation

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Collab-19.net - Animation from Isolation

Hi Animators!

I'm a fellow animator getting in touch with a quick proposal... something positive for the animation community while under lockdown..?

There's been so much disruption to our work, leading to so much downtime, which could lead to so much more... creative collaboration projects??

Allow me to introduce Collab19.net, where we get creators together to produce short animated films collaboratively, from isolation across the world.

Writers pass film ideas (of any genre) around, script, tweak and repeat until one week later there is a short film script. This then gets voiced and soundtracked by audio pros and finally designed and produced by several teams of self-isolating designers and animators. THEN, around one week later we recombine efforts, send the draft version around the group, feedback and tweak until we have a polished, publically-released short film! Boom. 2-3 weeks from start to finish! It'll likely be pretty disjointed, and a bit patchy to begin with, but we can relish that right?

Contribs will build networks, experiment with new styles, keep sharp, keep busy and build showreel material! And the public will be graced with nice interesting little concept pieces - some funny, some thoughtful, some probably a bit odd!

My recruitment drive went really well for writers, so we're already working on the first film's concept, but now I really need to fill my designer and animator contact list!

So with that in mind... (you've guessed it, I wasn't just updating you on my news!) I'm asking for your help. First and foremost, I was really hoping I could talk to some of you guys about the possiblity of doing social media shoutouts to spread the word? Secondly, I thought I'd float the idea of some of you coming on board to animate a section? I'm sure you'd ace it, as I've seen the standard of some of the stuff on here! It'd only be a short section, a couple of days work maybe! They're likely going to be character-based but won't be specific style constraints or anything.

Either option would be fantastic, every little helps!

All the best anyway, and I hope you and your loved ones are keeping well.

Sam D

www.Collab19.net

www.samduggan.net

Hi,

Hi,

Is it possible to find cartoon animators to collab on music videos?

I have a theme, characters and a story board and obviously the music I just need someone to do the cartoons?

Thanks for your time.

stay safe

Kindest Regards

Hey, I'm very interested, but

Hey, I'm very interested, but I see you got started a while back. I do voice work, writing, music production, and audio editing. 

For a sense of music: FunnyFlowerHour.com/music
For a sense of voice work/writing: FunnyFlowerHour.com/clips

If you are interested in something else during this time of mild boredom, our sketch comedy podcast the Funny Flower Hour is actively seeking animators, and you seem to have a professional head on your shoulders. Our podcast includes comedy sketches, sound effects, "live" audience, and original music to finish every show. Looking for anything from a full cartoon to a half dozen sketches with wiggling mouths. Lots of creative freedom, and you can continue with the team on our way to the cartoon world. Hitch your wagon to our cartoon circus rocketship.

Thanks,
The Funny Flower Hour
FunnyFlowerHour.com
thefunnyflowerhour@gmail.com