Search form

HELP! Name for an Animated Web Series

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
HELP! Name for an Animated Web Series

Hi, everyone! 

I'm new here, so sorry in advance if this is the wrong place for this kind of question.

I'm a mexican animator starting an animated web series for YouTube which will be publish in english. And we're struggling with the name.

Our first option is 'The Lurkers', because it has a meaning that resonates a lot with our plot. The main problem is that we think it doesn't sound 'too comercial' or memorable, mainly because it is a word that we almost never use, as english is not our native language.

What I would like to have your opinion on is how rare or common the word 'Lurkers' or the verb 'to lurk' is. Is it really a word/verb people never use? or could it be that we're just not that familiar with it because it's not our first language?.

I hope I made myself clear and would love to hear your opinions. Thanks a lot.

I think it's too unknown. But

I think it's too unknown. But I understand what is meant. If you want to use it, perhaps alter it a bit. Totally mispel on purpose... to Lurkerz Hoodrats or Cr8ps (play on Creeps) or just Lurkerz. May think of something else...

Hello!

Hello!

Personally on it's own, I don't think "The Lurkers" is a bad title in itself - I think it's pretty good and creative and wouldn't seem 'disconnected' from other English products in name. It could be slightly tampered with (e.g; perhaps just the title 'Lurkers', ditching the 'The' - which is popular in animation at the moment for whatever reason haha).

That being said however, it's hard to really pin-point whether or not the title suits the show without some details about what it will be about.  

What is the show about? Plot-wise?

If you would like some help with translations and such or just advice on what terms are used in English, I would be happy to help. I'm currently learning a bit of Spanish - so though i'm not fluent, I may be able to provide you with appropriate synonyms for words :)