Search form

Animation Reel With No Character Design

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Animation Reel With No Character Design

Hello everyone! I am starting to get a reel together and I had a question about how to put it together. If you have to be hired solely as an animator, would it look favorable to animate other artist character designs (crediting them of course) if character design is not your stongsuit or interest? I know in the actual professional field, animators are in most cases not creating custom characters but instead they are given a character sheet to follow. Would that carry over to the application process or would that cause issues down the road. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your input!

Kevin

Think about this: if you

Think about this: if you cannot draw on-model, then how can you meet the studio's needs?
If you can do that, draw a recognizable character for your samples.
If character design is a weakness for you, then don't include a weak design. 
No-one will care  about the animation of a bad drawing.

The animation is great, but I

The animation is great, but I don't think it's very good. It's too simple and boring. The character design is not that good either. Most of the characters look like stereotypes. Visit this Master Bundles site to download beautiful graphic templates.The animation looks like a video game, which is not what I expect from a short film. I think if you want to make an animation reel with no character design, you should focus more on the story and less on the characters.