Search form

Help! Should i drop University for animation?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

I went to regular college for graphic design and Already have finished most foundation class for Art and school. 
But now i want to become an Animators, but my school didn't have animation major.  so they don't have a lot of animation class. and next semster i don't any animation class. 

Should i transfer from university to the Art Institute of Austin, Online animation school or other college ? But I don't have a lot of money. 

Thanks.

Edited by: LLZ03 on 06/23/2018 - 4:04pm
If you can switch to

If you can switch to somewhere that does animation then that might helpful. But if it's too much money you can look for cheaper options, internships, apprenticeships or even start out by watching tutorials and teaching yourself from home. The last one might sound ideal but it'll take a great deal of patience and self-discipline, though it is possible, many have done so. Not trying to put you off.

For me, I would finish university, depending on how much of it you have left and how much you can tolerate not doing animation. Maybe ask a tutor if you can dabble in Motion Graphics, or if they teach it. That's still animation, so if it's an option it might be good to do.

Best of luck

www.kyalbrown.co.uk| @kyalnotkyle