Search form

MAD WORLD: A documentary on mental health incorporating animation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
MAD WORLD: A documentary on mental health incorporating animation

Hi there! 

I am  working on a new documentary about mental health titled 'Mad World'. Tied together by a metaphorical animation that is set in-between interviews, 'Mad World' talks to five individuals diagnosed with a form of mental illness and health professionals that provide insight into some of the most complex conditions. The intention is not only to gain a better understanding of a subject that is so misunderstood but also to explore some of the more controversial views surrounding the topic.

In 'Mad World' we will be using animation to tell a metaphorical story throughout the film. The theme of the animation could be described as almost “apocalyptic”, playing on an unnatural wasteland vibe. In this animated world, everything is covered in shadows and people’s inner minds are clearly visible in their heads, displayed like the cogs in a clock. We have launched a crowdfunging campaign which features early samples of our animation by the talented Formidable Season:

https://igg.me/at/madworldfilm/x

Please take a look and let us know what you think. If you are able to support our work we would be extremely grateful.

In my opinion, nowadays,

In my opinion, nowadays, parents should take care of what their children look at on the internet or TV, because I know that so many useless cartoons spoil the child's mental state and create wrong standards for its future personality. Then, when the young generation grows up, so many psychological problems appear, and this influences all the fields of humanity's activity. I don't say that you should totally exclude the animations, but somehow to occupy your offspring and help it create a normal vision about what is good and bad. I know some educational procedures and "therapies", let's say, not only for children but for adults as well. Look at https://www.iinsight.biz/ , and choose what you want.

I think it's a well-done

I think it's a well-done documentary, and the crowdfunding campaign would be indeed successful if adequately promoted. People misunderstood the relevance of a well-developed health system that provides appropriate mental health programs. I'm an alcoholic diagnosed with the third stage of alcoholism, and I know the laborious withdrawal process on my skin. I've attended this online aa meeting, and this kind of group therapy seems to be an effective one. I think you'll succeed with your project, and I hope the crowdfunding campaign will go in the best possible way!

I also have mental problems,

I also have mental problems, and to be honest, I recently learned that weed helps with many mental problems.

It`s interesting!