Search form

Fair Payment For Frame Flatting?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fair Payment For Frame Flatting?

Hi, hobbyist animator here! I've had a passion project in mind for some years now, but it's unlikely I'll ever have the financial means to have a full studio working on it. In that case, I figured I could handle the animation and cleanup myself, and then hire people on a freelance basis to do the color flatting and shading so that the project could actually finish at some point.

I came up with a 50¢/frame rate, negotiable for scene complexity. I have absolutely no idea if that's anywhere near the standard, or if it's even a fair rate. The animation would be done so that you would just need a fill bucket to color everything in, and I would already have a color key for every scene. Is this a fair amount of pay? Should I raise or lower it, or scrap it altogether?

Seems like a good option.

Seems like a good option.

Well, I would suggest working

Well, I would suggest working with 60 frames per second. That's the rate at which I've been working my entire career, and it is, without doubt, the rate at which your animations will appear the smoothest. So, yes, 50 would be near the "norm", but if you want more accurate outcomes, I would definitely stick to 60 frames per second. By the way, I know it's a bit off-topic, but I've just launched my website, and I'm looking for the best payment gateway for it. Could any of you recommend a good one, except PayPal and WePay, please? Also, I'm kinda into gaming lately. I would appreciate it if you can share with me a good online gaming payment gateway. Cheers, everybody!