Search form

Getting A Foot In the Door

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting A Foot In the Door

I'm one of those people who has no idea where their question lies, so I chose here. To be blunt, I'm a kid without a highschool diploma and I love animation from all over the world. I know what I want to do with my life (own an animation company that makes series); my problem is getting there. How do I get my name out there? How do I get my foot in the door? How do I get people to notice what I'm doing? I've been doing research for over a year and honestly haven't found much I can use. It doesn't help that I lack artistic talent and the knowledge to do anything with the animation, sound, or voice acting bits. I'm willing to learn and I can write, so I at least have that going for me. So can anyone tell me how to get where I need to go? It would be greatly appreciated.

A lot of questions, that is

A lot of questions, that is good. In my opinion you should go back to school or get a GED. I list this first because it is important. If your passion is drawing then start doing that, I think you need to start off slow. It sounds like you are at square one so be patient. In your studies for a diploma, it would be helpful for you study in 25 minute segments. This is also for the drawing practice you need to do.

The reason for the time limit would take to long to explain, just know that it is a proven aid to learning. Go to this website to find out more about this practices. https://www.coursera.org/learn/learning-how-to-learn

As for all you other questions, you will get those answers as you progress in your studies.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I apprecieate it; it's very helpful. It isn't a matter of getting back to school, I haven't left. I'm just a freshman. I don't much care for drawing. My best bet would be to use script writing as a way in. I have a lot of ideas of my own, things I'm working on. I just don't know where to go from this.

I'm definatley going to go through the segments, but I want to know if there is anything I can do now. 

Hi M - Night,

Hi M - Night,

We are producers in the corporate field. This is a good area to go in as the skills are transferable (mostly) to work in the TV or film programme market. The solution really lies in what specifically you want to be doing in 10 years time. If it's the design and animation side then we're aware that going to art school, then learning motion grpahics and design is a good bet. However, if this is the case, then you can always start (whilst doing drawing classes) to learn adobe illustrator (first) then later after effects. You can go to school to learn this, or, work you but off and watch many tutorials and learn by doing. There are several good places to learn, lynda.com and others. This way you can make your own shorter animations (2D) whilst learning. Which can then be skills to transfer to the corporate field to make some money.

If you;re interested in writing and directing, i'd still recommend doing the above as this will give you an understanding of the processes. However, to do the directing/scriptwriting thing WILL require you to go to a school as this is where you'll learn about the processes of production/management/ ideas etc. 

As you do one of these things, you'll then develop and can make other choices later, like specilising in one area, and working your way up the ladder.

if you;re interested in the corporate field, then heck out our site produsive.com and email us if we can help with any other advice

Getting a foot in the door is

Getting a foot in the door is often the crucial first step towards unlocking opportunities and achieving success in various aspects of life. Whether it's breaking into a new career, establishing connections in a competitive industry, or venturing into entrepreneurial endeavors, the initial entry point can set the tone for future accomplishments. Much like the way a well-maintained entrance enhances the overall appeal of a home, the concept of 'getting a foot in the door' is akin to ensuring a solid foundation. In the realm of home maintenance, the importance of a functional entry point is exemplified by services such as Garage Door Repair Durham Nc, where skilled professionals ensure that the gateway to one's home is not only secure but also a seamless pathway to a thriving living space.