Search form

Super hero artist Frank Quitely in Animation

1 post / 0 new
Super hero artist Frank Quitely in Animation

Hi all,

The Hot Stuff I've got for you today is that we are making a short animation with the legendary comic book artist Frank Quitely. Many of you will already know but Frank has worked for many years on some of the biggest titles with the likes of Mark Millar and Grant Morrison (if you don't recognise the name Google him and you'll probably recognise his work). I've always thought it would be great to see how Frank would approach animation.

Frank kindly agreed and worked with us to develop a short story he'd written  and as you might imagine from his work the story is dark and richly layered. He really got involved in the process and has done the character design and set design as well as influencing the overall look and feel of the film. The Director is Will Adams from Once Were Farmers (based in Glasgow) who has received two BAFTA nominations for his BBC work. Technical Director is Tom Bryant (Lead CG artist for the Oscar wining "Lost Thing") from Interference Pattern (Based in Edinburgh) who has taken on the asset build, lighting and comp. The music is being written by John Cummings (guitarist from Mogwai) who was recently involved in scoring all the music for the French supernatural thriller Les Revenants (The Returned) and as this is a dark.. horror story he will be able to get the mood perfectly.

One of the really exciting things about this project, beyond the guys working on it, is this pull together two great studios. An opportunity to show off their talent and flexibility, the film will be a great show case of the kind of talent there is over here in Scotland. 

I hope to post some of the work in progress material here soon but in the meantime if you got any questions let me know... 

Thanks,
Mal

Edited by: Mal on 10/12/2016 - 4:25am