Search form

Any 2D animators working in the New York area? I have questions.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Any 2D animators working in the New York area? I have questions.

1) Who gets more work in the NYC area, 2D animators OR 3D animators?

2) Is it a real challenge to get work in 2D in the NY area? More so than with 3D?

I love animation and I live in NYC. I just trained in some 3D software, and while I enjoyed the learning experience, I have to say I’m just not into many things 3D, with the exception of modeling for toys, and some horror film special effect ideas.

When I look at all the animation I enjoy watching, about 97% of what I love is pretty much 2D cartoon programs on the boob-tube and big screen. So much to the point where I’m saying to myself “maybe this is where I should be going towards.”

Still, I wonder if I decide to go back to school for it, how likely is it I’ll find a job in the field if I HAVE to stay in the NYC area? I’ve read that 2D animation may be dying, which is a said prospect for me.

A few other things about me, to help anyone who can or is willing to answer my questions:

1) I graduated art school a LONG time ago, before there was an internet. Hence, I’m pretty much an illustrator who is a slow learner with technology.

2) As well as being a 2D animator, I find the idea of screenplay writing combined with storyboard presentation also appealing. I simply have a lot of fictional ideas I’d like to see come to life.

I’ll be posting this on a few boards, so forgive me if it seems like a redundant topic.

Our company provides

Our company provides animation services to real estate developers, architects, and home builders. Our clients range from small local businesses to fortune 500 corporations. Orlando, Florida, and New York City are both popular locations for real estate; however, more people are choosing to invest in Floridian real estate. If you're considering a move from New York to the sunshine state, contact us at https://www.nyrentownsell.com/blog/new-york-city-vs-florida-where-does-the-future-of-real-estate-lie/ Century 21 South to learn about the costs for your move.