Search form

Getting into Animation

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Getting into Animation

Hi I am new to this forum and new to animation.

I've always wanted to work in the animation business and I finally started to actually learn animating. so last week I began with the bouncing ball exercise and I am doing all kinds of exercises.

I hope to find here new friends and fellow enthusiasts who can help me reach my goal.

I'll post all my exercises here and maybe one day I can look back on this and see any progress.

some flour sack animation exercises. I am having great difficulties with the timing and spacing.

oh and here's my blog:

http://slothyslothson.tumblr.com/

slothy slothson's picture
http://slothyslothson.tumblr.com/
It is clear that you have

It is clear that you have some major skills in animation.

well that is very nice of you

well that is very nice of you, thank you. I just hope that I'll keep working on it.

recent stuff. I tried the

recent stuff. I tried the 'flour sack kicking a ball' exercise and had some trouble with it.

WIP - inbetween and then

WIP - inbetween and then clean up.

am I spamming this board?

am I spamming this board?

Yes your are spamming this

Yes your are spamming this board, with excellent animation. Keep them coming.

I really like the mirror effect.

alright mate :) thank you.  

alright mate :) thank you.

I rushed the right arm axe, so I'll need to do it again.

Great work, I do have one

Great work, I do have one question. Why did you give him a rubbery face?

thank you and yeah I know I

thank you and yeah I know I went way overboard with the rubber face. I'll change that too.

I've been working on my

I've been working on my anatomy skills lately, but I've decided to do a daily animation quickie with short exercises.

#emotion change  (I missed the a recoil position when he's farthest down)

#edit# - I added some sounds (all from freesound.org)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpm5nPkpF4

using real paper and light

using real paper and light box for the first time. keyframes

Can you give us a hint as to

Can you give us a hint as to what major project you might be working on or will be working on? 

well I want to make a short

well I want to make a short film of a fairytale for my little nephew. he's very young, so I keep it simple, slow and peaceful. I have the storyboard finished and I am working on a 3D background (huge meadow field) for a single scene. perhaps I went a little bit overboard with whole concept. the film's about a bear with her cub spending a day on a meadow.

deadline's early April.

I decided to go further with this bowing king. Didn't have a clue why a King would bow to anyone, but here's my idea: a peasant tells a story in Tavern, how he managed the King to bow before him.

I am participating in the 11

I am participating in the 11 seconds club november contest.

I just went to the

I just went to the "11secondclub" site to hear the sound file and you wip was running. It was a big fluke that the sound file ran in syc with your gif. Your gif was spot on. I am going to renew my menbership to vote for your piece.

haha that is awfully nice of

haha that is awfully nice of you, thank you :) - now I really have to finish the piece.

Its soo great stuff...waiting

Its soo great stuff...waiting your other projects

(No subject)

Looking good! Can't wait to

Looking good! Can't wait to see more work from you