Search form

How much would I need to pay an animator?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How much would I need to pay an animator?

Hi, everybody!

I'm planning to create short - very, incredibly short, less than three minutes - 3d animated movie. It would be a gift for a person, so I would not commercialize it in any way (the thing I could do would be uploading it on the web, someday, but that's that).

Not being too acquainted with the animation industry in itself, I don't know how much it would cost. I'd need to have it done by September at the latest - the best option would be August, though.

I don't know yet what it would exactly be about, but the script will have probably a couple of locations and a couple of characters, won't have any dialogue and I foresee I'll be able to do all the rest by myself - meaning script, music, storyboard and postproduction. I'm not sure I'd be able to do an animatic, I'd probably need to pay for that as well, if needed.

The fact that I still have to actually write a script would mean a possible animator would get their hands on some work not before June - which maks it about two months to have it done.

I don't know how clear I'm making myself - the point is, if I want to hire someone to model and animate that, how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance!

Marta

It depends on what you want

It depends on what you want done.  If you want simple, crude animation--looking like, say, South Park- it could cost you $1000-$1500 for a student to do all 3 mins for you.
If you want something more sophisticated or polished-looking, it can cost upwards of $10,000 per minute......or more.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

It also depend on what style and quality animation you required

Hello Marta,

Well cost of animation depend on its style and quality you will be required as cost vary depend on these two things we deal in 2D/3D Animations & illustrations, we are freelancers team our cost is way cheap and as per our clients budget too if you need complete details of costing so please contact me at skganimationindia@gmail.com and this is our website: www.skganimationindia.com

Best Regards,

Divya Gupta

Divya Parashar
C&M Director
SKG Animation
Email: skganimation@gmail.com

hi 

hi 

this is harish i not need may money to make you movie but i am interst in making

cell: