Search form

thinkingParticle ekspert Bulgaria's Hristo Velev of Bottleship VFX ....finally, we have him here for you.

1 post / 0 new
thinkingParticle ekspert Bulgaria's Hristo Velev of Bottleship VFX ....finally, we have him here for you.

Hi guys,
I’m Hristo Velev, I’m a FX lead and a managing director in the company I run together with my partner, Martin Naydenski, in Sofia, Bulgaria, called Bottleship VFX (http://bottleshipvfx.com). It’s a destruction/dynamics specialized boutique where we apply all we learned over our FX careers, and get to grow in a direction we feel most passionate about.

Cebas: Hristo, we hear that you are the FX artist for an upcoming movie. It certainly piques our interest as to the FX that you will be doing with thinkingParticles6 on this movie - could you tell us a little?

I’m not at liberty to discuss projects in development, but you can be sure we’re leveraging all of the TP greatness currently. The recently introduced multidynamics with its handling of soft bodies, cloth, SPH liquids and splines/ropes are very helpful in adding complexity to big destruction shots.

Cebas: Hristo, you have done a long list of acclaimed movie FX for Hollywood as can be seen on IMDB.com. Which were the ones you would best described as giving you the best FX with cebas Visual Technology's thinkingParticles inclusive?

Every single one! I don’t think there was ever a project for me that didn’t involve heavy thinkingParticles work. Most times it connects to other types of effects and software, like FumeFX, Krakatoa, Naiad etc, but TP is one of the things that’s always there. A testament of how a versatile platform it is.

Cebas: which were the shots on a favourite FX movie you worked on, that you felt a gush of ‘wow’, because the TP FX had translated well onto the big screen and exceeded your expectation?

Off the top of my head - I’d say the airship crash in Sucker Punch, and the house destruction in Iron Man 3 are the ones I’ve done work I’m happiest with - as far as my work goes :) The complexity in these came out very nicely, with the help of the great layering and caching features of TP.

Read full article 

cedar4CebasVisualTechnology's picture
Cedar Thokme Office/Social Media Coordinator cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc. Vancouver Island, Canada USA: +1 323 774 1799 Canada: +1 250.590.2913

Cedar Thokme
Office/Social Media Coordinator
cebas VISUAL TECHNOLOGY Inc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
USA: +1 323 774 1799
Canada: +1 250.590.2913

Edited by: cedar4CebasVisualTechnology on 01/15/2015 - 11:22am