Search form

Streaming Playback Problems

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Streaming Playback Problems

Hello All,

I am working on an animation project, and am having problems with video quality on Youtube and Vimeo.

Basically, I am making animations of objects from JPG frames to MP4 video files.  They are relatively low-quality animations - 25 FPS - that I am exporting from Windows Movie Maker.

The MP4s and WMVs that I have created look fine in media players on the PC, but once I have uploaded them to YT and Vimeo, they become unacceptably jerky and jittery. 

I have tried multiple settings - bitrates of 8k, 5k, and 3k, different frame sizes, etc. and the problem persists.

I would really appreciate any help, I have spent a TON of time on this project and this playback issue is a real bummer.

I dont understand why what looks like good quality in Windows Media Player becomes crap when streaming.

I have tried exporting my animations from After Effects, but couldnt get any good quality video, even after lots of messing with the maze of settings.

I really appreciate any help.  I dont come from an animation background, just took some video production classes in college.

I am wondering if I should be doing the animation in Flash...?

Thanks so much,

Newbs

I'm not quite sure if this

I'm not quite sure if this would help with your problem, as I'm not really skilled at the technical sides of video production and what not, but I do my animations in Photoshop, and then you can export them as MP4s and they are of good quality!

Thanks!

Earn Per View For Your Animated Short Films! http://animationcreationz.com/

Interesting...

I didnt even know you could export animations from Photoshop.  I use it to edit my frames, and then drop them in MovieMaker.  I am actually generating my original frames from Sketchup, with a few plug ins...

I will have to mess around with that.  I am still wondering why my MP4's and WMV's look good in a media player, but not youtube though...

Thanks for the suggestion.