Search form

Technical skills required

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Technical skills required

hi,
I dont have have that much idea about animation and I am completely new to this. I have a computer science background and I am working in a software company. So what are the technical skills should I develop if I want to be a part of an animation movie?

mukund19,
As animation industry is so big that there're lots of different parts.
But do you want to learn software to make animation?

Why do you want to be part of an animation movie if you know nothing about it?

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

This is a great question mukund19, you should try and answer it.

See if you know the answer to the question which I asked, you reply.And dont ask another question please. A question cant be an answer to another question

See if you know the answer to the question which I asked, you reply.And dont ask another question please. A question cant be an answer to another question

Maybe YOU should also consider the CONTEXT in which a question is asked.

But again, if you don't "have that much of an idea about animation" and are "completely new to this", why would you want to pursue animation?

Do you think just having "technical skills" will gain you entry into a field you know nothing about?

Do you honestly think that just having "technical skills" will qualify you for a job or career in the animation industry??

The reason I ask these questions is because there's something quite suspect about someone who states they know nothing about a thing, and yet asks about the specific skills to do that thing.
Usually there's an expressed interest and/or an investment of time and passion into something like animation before someone seeks employment in it.

What do you want to do in the field?
What do you see yourself doing?
You can answer these questions yourself by learning about how animation is made, and then you will see if your skill-set is applicable to a production.

"We all grow older, we do not have to grow up"--Archie Goodwin ( 1937-1998)

I think it's a valid question.
I know PIXAR for one has its own computer scientists who figure out the simulations, etc. You may want to scour their website for careers and figure out the qualifications.