Search form

Fight at the Cave of Thieves - Untold Tales

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fight at the Cave of Thieves - Untold Tales

Hi all,

just wanted to show you the first chapter of my new project called "Untold Tales". These are animation shorts of about 3' featuring stories by me. In this occasion, some robbers have a dispute regarding the booty they have just stealed. It's a way to try to figure out what thieves do on extreme contitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFQNGvPtYQ

Have fun! :)

I have mixed feelings about your work. Your voice acting was good and your story was interesting. The clip could use a little tighter in the editing because you had pauses between lines that were too long.

The art style was appealing to me, in the long shots. You could try a different style of animation when there is a need for 3/4 shots or mid range shots.
(I think I have my terms wrong.)

Thanks

Thanks for your comments.

One of the most important things was voice, I recorded it and I'm no native English speaker... So it looks I did it properly.

Some people told me that there were some pauses and that they could be reduced, but I set the tempo like a Spaghetti Western, slow (The Good, the Ugly and the bad, for instance). I make it all myself. It's a very personal work. I can make some noncommercial moves since I don't have to fit any standards.

Thanks for the comment again!

Thanks for your comments.

One of the most important things was voice, I recorded it and I'm no native English speaker... So it looks I did it properly.

Some people told me that there were some pauses and that they could be reduced, but I set the tempo like a Spaghetti Western, slow (The Good, the Ugly and the bad, for instance). I make it all myself. It's a very personal work. I can make some noncommercial moves since I don't have to fit any standards.

Thanks for the comment again!

"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" is a great source. In that movie, those moments, between actor's lines, was filled with some cinematic tension.
For your piece, I would thing that a cut to whatever was being talked about then cut back to the actors would make that pace of the scene feel completely different.

I would like to see a little more detail in your actors, for example, a hard shadow line across the face. Giving us some facial features to lock onto, there by eliminating the need for the bobble head trick. ( unless that is just something you really like)