Search form

Bicycle Galvanic Playing cards

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bicycle Galvanic Playing cards

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to showcase my project that I've been working on the past few months. Hopefully I can get as much feedback as possible.

First off let me explain who I am and where i come from. My name is Sean Whelan and I am a recent graduate from Dowling College. I graduated with a Bachelors in Graphic Design and a Minor in Web Development. My focus throughout my entire time there was both modeling and animation using Autodesk Maya.

Since the economy has been tough, I wanted to take the initiative to stand out above the crowd. So I took the direction into playing cards, which by itself has been a passion and hobby of mine for the longest time.

Here is the link for the project that just launched today:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1293645903/bicycle-galvanic-playing-cards

Why am I posting this on AWN? Well you see all of these designs were actually modeled using Autodesk Maya. If this project succeeds, it will be the first playing card deck on the market that was created using digitally hand rendered models rather then Photoshop images.

Each element was modeled, textured, rendered and then imported into Photoshop for final touch ups.

Not only is it the first 3D deck but it is the first deck that has a back story as to why the designs were created in the first place. It was originally supposed to be a short film but it turned out to be too much work for 1 person. No one I knew was into animation, film making or even modeling.

I would love as much feedback as possible on the designs, the joker and the story that tags along.

Thank you everyone,
Sean Whelan
3D Artist

Please respond to the post so I can get feedback from other modelers. I have been modeled for a few years now and its truly my passion.

Any thoughts on the back design, ace or joker?

Thanks,
Sean Whelan
3D Artist

After Only four days I almost reached 1/3 of the funding which is unbelievable since I am doing all this by myself.
Lets keep the momentum going so that this deck can become a reality.
Feedback on this project would be much appreciated!

A teaser trailer has just been uploaded to the Kickstarter page. Hopefully this will interest some people : P
Let me know what everyone thinks

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to post a quick update. As of today I officially reached 100 backers for this Kickstarter project of mine. I mind this a to be a huge achievement for me since I am doing this all entirely myself and it is my first Kickstarter project. Thank you everyone who supported me so far I really appreciate it. 20 more days to go so we'll see what happens. I'm hoping it'll succeed, if not at least tried to reach a personal goal. Thats how I see things. Tell everyone you know, like the Galvanic Playing cards Facebook page and wish me good luck!. Also if anyone has any ideas on how to really market this deck I would love to hear feedback.

Thanks Again,
Sean Whelan
3D Artist